Associate, Training and Impact
- Aangan Trust
- Bharatpur, Rajasthan
- Job Type
- Deadline for Applications
- Contact Information
To make child protection everyone’s business, so that every child is safe everywhere, everyday.
We build and strengthen child protection systems to ensure that the most vulnerable children are safe, supported, in school, and assured of a childhood free from trafficking, child marriage, hazardous work, violence and exploitation
Aangan works with children in dangerous situations like child trafficking, child marriage, hazardous work and abuse. Our prevention model targets \”hotspots\” across the country where children are most at risk, either because these are known red light areas, sites of hazardous child labor or are associated with harmful traditions like high rates of child marriage and girl child discrimination. Here we work with parents, children and government officials to build strong care and protections that keep children safe.
II. Position Summary
The Training and Impact Associate will be part of Aangan’s training team, whose focus is to make a difference to the lives of some of the most vulnerable children in India. This includes children who are at risk of being trafficked, forced into labour, marriage, abuse and exploitation. Additionally, this position provides an exciting opportunity for you to build the technical skills, knowledge and mind set of:
i. The most marginalised women from Aangan’s hotspots on child protection
ii. Identified local government officials so that their performance is emphasized/monitored in the context of child protection through a classroom training
The eventual goal being to ensure that community safety groups are actively involved in building protective systems in the community, but also impacting children in the larger community.
III. Key Responsibilities
• Inspires and motivate women apprentices and local govt. officials through classroom training with the objective to build their knowledge and skills on child protection.
• Instil a sense of ownership and group cohesiveness among the women apprentices and draw from them relevant experiences and local knowledge
• Lead and conduct monthly classroom trainings for at least 50 apprentices
• Lead and conduct monthly classroom trainings for government officials
• Use innovative methods to deliver Aangan’s curriculum and tools, in order to make the classroom training an exciting and collaborative space to learn
• Observe and capture classroom trends, identify gaps and issues and provide solutions to address gaps in a timely fashion
• Work closely with Program Specialists and Program Associates to systematically address gaps in implementation as a result of the classroom training and ensure that overall outcomes are being met through classroom sessions
• Creating cross learning opportunities among apprentices
• Develop a comprehensive understanding on Aangan’s curriculum and tools so as to be used for regular trainings
IV. Competencies and Abilities
• Excellent communication skills that spans across community based women and govt. officials.
• Proficiency in Hindi and English.
• Creative and critical thinking ability
• Ability to motivate an attitude of learning before, during and after the classroom sessions
• Willingness to listen and learn and respect different perspectives brought into the classroom
• Organized and ability to manage time well
• Willingness to travel
V. Education and Experience
• Graduate/Post Graduate.
• At least 2 years of experience in the area of Child Protection or community based work
• Experience with training groups of adults preferred
Candidates that are willing to relocate to Bharatpur will be preferred.