Associate Web Developer
- Janaagraha Centre for Citizenship and Democracy
- Deadline for Applications
- Where to Apply
Jana Urban Space Foundation [JanaUSP] was first established as India Urban Space Foundation (IndiaUSP) in 2007. It is a non-partisan, not-for-profit trust working on the core premise that urban planning and urban design are central to shaping vibrant cities and city regions, thus enhancing the quality of life.
JanaUSP’s goal is to catalyse a more thoughtful transition for a rapidly urbanizing India, through three streams of activities involving practice and policy: Urban Planning; Urban Design; Policies for Planning and Design.
The Foundation supports government agencies by preparing spatial plans for regional, municipal, and neighbourhood levels. In addition integrated design and implementation solutions have been provided for projects to improve urban design of public spaces such as roads, junctions, transport hubs, rural produce distribution markets, etc. JanaUSP provides technical expertise on policy reforms for better planning and design. We believe that transformational change should be based on leadership and partnership – from those within government, as well as from those outside the government. In keeping with this view, the Foundation organises events that act as vibrant platforms:, bringing together government, market, academia and policy thinkers, practitioners and civil society.
The Foundation has done pioneering work in both advocacy and practice, effectively moving the needle forward using pilot projects, research work, publications, workshops, conferences and expositions.
JanaUSP is looking for an Associate – .Net Development who is passionate about leveraging the power of technology for social change.
4+ years of professional experience and
- Microsoft .Net Technology – Framework 4+
- Excellent experience in creating Web Applications in ASP.Net
- Good at writing Windows Services using C#
- Sound knowledge in creating REST APIs, especially Mobile friendly APIs
- Microsoft SQL Server
- Should have worked on large databases running on SQL Server Cluster
- Excellent in writing Stored Procedures
- Performance optimization
- Database recovery
Experience in integrating client side scripts with in-house/third party APIs
Knowledge on integration with third party messaging services (SMS, Push Notifications)
Exposure to any Queuing platform will be a plus
- Exposure to SQL Server Spatial data types
- Should be familiar with all types of data exchange formats (XML, JSON)
You are self-starter who takes complete ownership of your projects and believes that you have a part to play in building a stronger and more vibrant Indian democracy
- Full time employment out of the JanaUSP office in Bangalore
- Great work environment, with passionate people, lots of collaboration with tech and non-tech people, and lots of community involvement.
- Competitive salary
Qualifications: Bachelor’s or Master’s Degree in Computer Science/Information Systems
Experience: 4+ years of Web Application Development experience with exposure to Microsoft Technologies
Database: Microsoft SQL Server 2008 or above