Business Development and Refugee Camp Lead
- Deadline for Applications
- Contact Information
- If you think you could be a match send resume along with brief overview about why you’re passionate and qualified to Andrew.firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject Business Development and Refugee Camp Lead Application by August 5th, 2015.
Business Development and Refugee Camp Lead
Company and Position Description
Sanivation believes in a sustainable world where safe and dignified sanitation is a reality for everyone. We’re doing this through focusing on solutions people want and using waste as a valuable resource. One market in which we are expanding is refugee camps.
Refugee camps are growing rapidly and they lack safe and cost-effective means for sanitation. Sanivation is helping multilaterals and implementing partners meet this demand.
We’ve reimagined what delivering rapid and local services look likes for sanitation implementing partners in protracted refugee camps. In conjunction with implementing partners we design, build, and train local refugees on providing sanitation services that enable refugee camps to lower the risk of disease transmission and conserve the environment.
We’re looking for a Business Development and Refugee Camp Lead who is an exceptional international development professional with the ability to work with senior leaders to develop a strategy and grow one of Sanivation’s key verticals.
We have a great team and many strong current and potential partners. We are looking to find someone that is impassioned to help lead Sanivation though significant growth. We believe the best way to grow is to hire really good people and give them what they need to execute.
The Business Development and Refugee Camp Lead has overall responsibility growing Sanivation’s work in refugee camps and will be a key partner of the CEO and the founders of the company. Your time will be split between helping to grow from the ground up Sanivation’s activities in refugee camp and identifying, developing and securing select opportunities with institutional donors, partners, investors to scale-up the Sanivation approach.
Strategy and Execution
· Partnering with Sanivation leadership and partners to drive company-wide strategy formulation and support operationalization of strategy
· Providing leadership in the development for the continuous evaluation of short and long-term strategic objectives
· Co-directing and oversee all aspects of refugee camp sector of the company
· Guiding the structural and human capital needs of the vertical on an ongoing basis
· Provide an extroverted approach to developing the vertical, in terms of proactively checking with the relevant people inside and outside the company to resolve questions and continually improve
Business Development and network building
· Partnering with Sanivation leadership to drive enterprise-wide funding development strategy
· Proactively cultivate relationships with sector leaders and high net worth individuals. Be an evangelist for Sanivation’s approach and for improving access to sanitation in refugee camps
· Lead the development of all vertical collateral for presentations and meetings with funders, partners, and investors
· Support enterprise wide business development efforts
Business model refinement and planning
· Refining the vertical’s strategic approach, including fine-tuning of the business model for implementation with refugee camp partners
· Conducting deep market analysis and regular updating leadership on trends and opportunities to help refugee camps improve access to sanitation identify the support
· Assisting in defining and monitoring vertical performance metrics and supplying the enterprise with necessary information to make decisions
· Developing the sector’s overall financial needs and partnering with Sanivation leadership on the annual operating budget
Skills and Experience You Need:
· 3+ years experience as an international development professional in an entrepreneurial or leadership role- – ideally with refugee camps
· Excellent proposal writing, communication, and presentation skills
· Strong business planning skills
· A big vision yet detailed oriented
· Passion and a sense of humor
· A desire to live and work in Kenya with travel to refugee camps
What you get
· Flexible schedules and leadership opportunities in an entrepreneurial team culture.
· Helping to shape an award-winning social enterprise that is poised for rapid growth.
· A competitive compensation package with growth potential.
If you think you could be a match send resume along with brief overview about why you’re passionate and qualified to Andrew.email@example.com with the subject Business Development and Refugee Camp Lead Application by August 5th, 2015.