Business Development Associate
- Piramal Sarvajal
- Contact Information
- Please email firstname.lastname@example.org with your coverletter and resume
The Business Development Associate’s role is to work with the CSR Team and COO to identify and raise funds and develop partnerships to meet organizational strategic initiatives. This job is based in Ahmedabad, Gujarat, India with occasional travel to Piramal Sarvajal field installations.
Role & Responsibilities
• Raise funds. We are seeking someone with a strong business mind, who is also an excellent and professional communicator. The partnership outreach requires communicating multifaceted business models to partners with a tailored partnership rationale. The BD Associate must learn and articulately communicate our industry, business models, strategic initiatives and vision to inspire and convince partners to support us financially and technically.
• Develop Partnerships. The BD Associate will be responsible for developing and analyzing leads for partnerships in line with strategic initiatives. They will work alongside leadership to establish international networks and strategic partnerships with international NGOs, MNCs and multilateral organizations to advance Piramal Sarvajal’s Indian and international work.
• Seek and analyze strategic funding opportunities. The BD Associate will generate leads, identify co-funding partners, analyze opportunities, pitch ideas and work with internal teams to go after opportunities. The right candidate will have strong attention to detail, previous proposal writing experience and an ability to produce top quality work under tight deadlines.
• Write concept notes and proposals. The BD Associate will write concept notes and proposals toward developing partnerships with identified leads. We write for a variety of audiences with various agendas to align with our strategy. We often work on complex topics and under tight deadlines so we need someone who is able to remain concise and eloquent under these constrictions.
• Report to and keep Partners engaged. The BD Manager will liaise with existing partners and network acquaintances to keep them up to date on particular projects and general Piramal Sarvajal events. This will mean working closely with the project teams and the Marketing Director to create e-mailers and brainstorm other partner engagement schemes. The BD Manager will also work with the Marketing Director to be the main digital media coordinator.
Education & Experience
• A Bachelor’s Degree from a recognized university
Knowledge and Skills
• Strong ability to network, understand the audience, build consensus internally and externally, and bring diverse partners together
• Powerful writer, excellent communication skills, strong story teller
• Ability to consolidate large amounts of strategic and technical information into articulate compelling paragraphs that flow logically.
• Excellent research skills, and ability to organize and communicate findings to teammates
• Ability to manage time, keep calm under pressure, navigate several moving parts and meet deadlines with ease.
• English fluency in speaking and writing, Hindi or other Indian languages a plus
• PowerPoint, Word and Excel Skills
• 1-2 years’ work experience
• Experience in fundraising, program design, partnership development, or similar.
• A collaborative mentality, positive attitude and resiliency
• A continuous, restless desire to improve yourself, your team, and your organization
• Deep-rooted empathy and humility
• Flexibility to occasionally work odd hours
Piramal Sarvajal, seeded by the Piramal Foundation in 2008, is a mission driven social enterprise which designs and deploys innovative solutions for creating affordable access to safe drinking water in underserved areas. Sarvajal is at the forefront of developing technologies and business practices in the safe drinking water sector that are designed to make a purely market-based model sustainable in both rural and urban deployment conditions. We are reaching out to approximately 275,000 consumers daily, through 450+ installations across 12 states.