Business Development Associate
- GoodWeave International
- Deadline for Applications
- Where to Apply
GoodWeave is an international nonprofit organization working to end child labor in the carpet industry of South Asia and to replicate its market-driven model in other manufacturing sectors. GoodWeave fulfills its mission by creating market demand for rugs bearing its best-in-class certification label, monitoring supply chains, rescuing and educating child laborers, and providing critical services for weaving families.
Overview of the Position:
As part of a highly motivated team, the Business Development Associate will work to expand GoodWeave’s presence and visibility within the carpet industry by making the business case for ensuring child labour-free supply chains. This position will manage the current importer base that distributes GoodWeave certified rugs and develop new account relationships. Importer accounts include branded, US and EU based companies that design and import rugs from India, Nepal and Afghanistan. Retail accounts include individual stores and showrooms and mass merchants that sell imported rugs. S/he will also spearhead partner marketing and co-branding initiatives and targeted communications activities.
The ideal candidate will be highly motivated, well-organized, adept at building relationships inside and outside the organization, and thrives in an autonomous, fast-paced deadline-driven environment. S/he must also possess a commitment to GoodWeave’s values and work ethic. The Business Development Associate reports to the Director of Business Development.
Specific duties include:
Industry Partner Engagement
• Manage communications and relationships with GoodWeave’s 130+ existing global partners
• Track partner co-branding and marketing activities and, when necessary, coordinate collateral material shipping to partners
• Encourage and increase partner use of GoodWeave communication and marketing tools and campaign materials
• Integrate new importers into GoodWeave program through processing license agreements, assigning importer codes and communicating with field offices
• Educate retailers about GoodWeave’s Industry Sponsor program
• Assist with importer outreach to secure licensees
• Maintain database of retailer and importer prospects and licensees
• Assist in event planning and organization, including logistical management of POS materials
• Coordinate GoodWeave and its partners’ presence at tradeshows and other industry events
Marketing and Communications
• Manage existing partnerships with leading interior design and shelter publications for co-op and PSA advertising placements; coordinate co-op and PSA placements
• Collaborate with partners on the development and implementation of co-branding and marketing projects
• Develop and organize special events with partners
• Coordinate press releases for new partners and industry announcements (Tools of the Trade) for our network
• Manage collateral inventory and production for marketing purposes including campaign materials
• Edit images and create graphics for email campaigns and media use
• Assist in writing, editing, researching, formatting and proofreading campaign materials with assistance from other staff members and consultants
• Participate in other organizational marketing and communications efforts as appropriate
• Use CMS for basic web updates and content management with support from Online Media and Marketing Associate
• Coordinate and update partners’ web profiles and images in the online photo gallery
• Maintain campaign metrics that demonstrate organizational impact and help devise strategies to meet campaign goals related to GoodWeave’s online presence
• Manage advertising campaign through Google Adwords
• Track editorial placements daily and advertising placements monthly; maintain online press catalogue
• Respond to press and partner inquiries for photographs and other media and press documents
• 2-4 years of sales or marketing experience in consumer products or socially responsible business environment, or equivalent academic experience.
• Exceptional writing, business planning, interpersonal, and presentation skills are a must.
• Ability to build and engage partner networks to participate in communications campaigns.
• Background in event planning and organizing a plus.
• Experience with Web marketing a plus.
• Passion for GoodWeave’s mission and socially driven business model.
• Based in Washington, DC. Some travel is required.
• Basic design and visual editing experience a plus.
Conditions of Employment: GoodWeave is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of any status or condition protected by applicable federal or state law. Employment is contingent on the results of a background investigation and positive references.
Compensation and benefits: Compensation is commensurate with experience. GoodWeave also offers a generous benefits package.
To Apply, please email resume and cover letter (explaining why your skills and experience are suitable for this position) to:
Director of Finance & Operations