Business Development Associate
- Proximity Designs
- Yangon, Myanmar
- Deadline for Applications
- Contact Information
We’re designing innovative solutions to Myanmar’s toughest problems. Join us.
Proximity Designs is currently in the midst of an exciting major expansion—and we are seeking ambitious professionals to secure the funding critical to our growth. As a Business Development Associate, you’ll play a critical role in raising capital and maintaining productive relationships with our donors and investors. We’ll also rely on you to generate insightful analysis to help drive strategic decisions. The reports you write and the donor requests you fulfill will keep the dollars flowing and the impact growing. If you’re looking to dive into a dynamic job at an award-winning social enterprise, this is the opportunity for you.
What You Will Do
- Play a key role in shaping Proximity’s strategy, including performing fundraising analysis, and seeking out new investors and nurturing relationships with existing donors
- Lead our collaboration with the investors funding the $6 million expansion of our Farm Advisory Services
- Create investor proposals/prospectuses to secure $5 million for our irrigation business
- Travel to rural areas to meet Proximity customers, building a nuanced understanding of how they are using the products and services you’re writing about
Meet Your Team
Working on the Business Development Team, you’ll aid in raising capital and managing relationships with our two dozen plus donors, including social impact investors, bilateral organizations and corporate foundations. You’ll conduct analysis and make recommendations to support Proximity’s overall strategy, and you’ll add your rich experiences to an energetic, integrated group excited by innovation and eager to be playing a role in growing Proximity’s nationwide impact.
Is this you?
- You’ve worked in business for a few years. Ideally, your previous gig was in the developing world and involved some type of social enterprise and/or financial experience.
- You’re a clear communicator and can write well. Whether drafting a report, strategizing a funding prospectus or explaining our business model to a few donors, you can easily explain anything to just about anyone.
- You’re motivated, driven and learn quickly. You volunteer for new challenges without waiting to be asked. You’re going to take ownership of the time you spend with us and truly make a difference.
- You’re passionate about the social enterprise model and want to support innovative ventures that improve the lives of thousands of farmers across Myanmar.
Proximity Designs is an internationally recognized social enterprise designing and marketing innovative products and services for families in rural Myanmar. We offer affordable products and services in the areas of agriculture and rural finance, which boost household productivity and incomes. Since launching in 2004, we’ve grown to cover 80% of Myanmar’s rural market and serve over 100,000 customers every year.
5 Reasons to Join Proximity
- Competitive salary with medical benefits
- Learn firsthand how a social enterprise works
- Energize your career, travel around Myanmar and become immersed in innovative venture across the country
- Work with talented, forward-thinking colleagues
- Collaborative office environment with an in-house café