Business Development Associate
- New York, NY or remote
- Job Type
- Deadline for Applications
- How to Apply
- Where to Apply
- Apply via this link
BlueMark, a Tideline company, is a leading provider of independent impact verification services for investors and companies. Their mission is to strengthen trust in impact investing by delivering independent, incisive verification services, enabling the market to scale with integrity. They evaluate and verify how clients approach the impact in impact investing based on accepted industry standards. Their services are designed to meet the growing investor demand and market expectation for greater confidence and credibility in the impact label, especially as impact claims are more closely scrutinized by a range of stakeholders.
About the position:
This is a unique opportunity to join an early-stage company in a dynamic, impactful industry. The Business Development Associate will play a key role supporting business development efforts for BlueMark. The role will provide exciting opportunities to work with diverse impact investing stakeholders and help grow a new pioneering business.
BlueMark is seeking candidates that have sales and/or sales-related experience, strong writing and communications skills, and a flexible and solutions-oriented disposition. There is a strong preference for candidates that bring experience in or exposure to Environmental, Social, and Governance (ESG) and/or impact investing.
The role will be performed in close collaboration with the Managing Director of BlueMark. There is a preference for candidates based in New York City, but candidates based elsewhere in the U.S. are encouraged to apply as well.
The primary responsibilities for this role include:
• Develop and maintain a strong pipeline of potential clients through direct and indirect prospecting, including conducting research, email outreach and discovery calls
• Manage inbound requests from clients and support the drafting and development of client proposals, RFP responses, and related client correspondence
• Maintain up-to-date contact and activity information in the BlueMark CRM system and provide regular status reports on business development activities to BlueMark leadership
• Maintain and contribute to BlueMark’s content library of case studies, pitch decks, and other key marketing content and sales collateral
• Identify and implement enhancements to BlueMark’s end-to-end sales processes
• Provide feedback from conversations with prospects to inform BlueMark’s existing and potential new services
• Contribute to BlueMark’s strategy, including defining and working towards key business targets
Desired qualifications and experience:
• Bachelor’s degree or equivalent
• Experience working in a sales or business development role, preferably within financial services or an adjacent industry
• Understanding of and experience using CRM systems to track information and conduct analytics
• Familiarity with Environmental, Social, and Governance (ESG) and impact investing preferred
• Experience conducting market research and developing outreach strategies
• Experience in a small business environment a plus
• Ability to manage multiple tasks with high attention to detail and organization
• High level of personal and professional integrity
• Strong written and verbal communication skills
• Entrepreneurial and collaborative disposition, with a bias towards action
• Demonstrated ability to exercise sound judgment and discretion
• Strong interpersonal and relationship-building skills
• Sense of humor and self-awareness
Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis until June 28, 2021. Please apply through this link, and email email@example.com with any questions.
At BlueMark, they value diversity of experience and perspectives and the unique contributions of each person. They work hard to create and maintain an open, inclusive environment where every team member can bring their full self to work. BlueMark is an equal opportunity employer.