Business Development & Corporate Finance Manager
- Impact Investment Exchange Asia Pte Ltd
- Deadline for Applications
- Contact Information
- Please submit a resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org by June 30 2015. Qualified candidates will be considered and contacted by a member of the IIX team for interviews. IIX is an equal opportunity employer.
Organization: Impact Investment Exchange Asia (IIX) is the home of Asia’s first private and public platforms for Social Enterprises (SEs) to raise investment capital efficiently. IIX provides SEs in Asia with greater access to capital, allowing them to rapidly expand the impact of their activities. Through its investment platforms, Impact Accelerator, Impact Partners (www.impactpartners.asiaiix.com) and Impact Exchange (www.impactexchange.asiaiix.com), IIX connects SEs with Impact Investors that value the social impact these SEs create. IIX benefits Impact Investors by giving them access to a group of investment-ready SEs with strong corporate governance practices and a commitment to transparent reporting of both financial and social results. IIX is a dynamic, fast-paced mission-driven organization dedicated to creating systemic changes that accelerate the success of social enterprises. We are in a growth phase and looking for talented and hard-working individuals with relevant skills. For more information about IIX, please visit www.asiaiix.com.
About the role:
IIX seeks a Business Development & Corporate Finance Manager for its Hyderabad office in India. Apart from corporate finance transactions, the role will also help manage and build IIX’s strategic initiatives and partnerships in India. We are looking for a communicator, a thinker and a doer who naturally builds relationships that lead to results. You will be able to transition seamlessly from thinking strategically about new business relationships (with donors/clients/investors/INGOs) to managing the relationships and executing new pilot initiatives. We have a small and energetic team, and this is a roll-up-your-sleeves kind of role. We want someone who first and foremost has a positive attitude. In addition she/he is creative, a problem solver, who knows how to push the envelope, and is an incredibly fast learner. The position is based in Hyderabad, India.
- Grow and develop strategic initiatives and get involved in organization-wide operational efforts such as partnerships development
- Support the Founder and Managing Director in developing proposals for product development and advisory assignments
- Cultivate and close relationships with individual partners to enhance IIX’s visibility, access, and influence in India, while developing a broader platform for further pipeline building
- Create and direct new business opportunities
- Develop an understanding of IIX and Shujog’s strategy and preferred approach for partnerships and program fundraising
- Contribute to the overall development of IIX and its not-for-profit sister entity, Impact Investment Shujog, by collaborating with other strategic initiatives and organization-wide operational efforts.
- Originating SE investment opportunities for the IIX platforms; source and identify candidates for technical assistance and market the service offering to them
- Provide technical assistance to SEs to help them become investor ready for capital raising.
- Technical Assistance will include working with SEs to finalize their key investor documents, in particular business plan, financial model and investor presentation
- Assist the team in sourcing SEs to build a healthy pipeline in the key sectors and geography and in screening SEs on investment readiness criteria
- Assist the team in raising investment capital for SEs by participating in the transaction process
Successful candidate will be:
- Mission driven: Commitment to social finance and impact investing as a path to unlock society’s potential to effect social change is essential for a happy and successful tenure
- Results oriented: At IIX and Shujog, we manage toward impact maximization and produce measurable returns. These results strengthen the ecosystem and transform existing realities by helping social enterprises magnify their impact and scale.
- Resourceful: While IIX and Shujog are seasoned stakeholders in the social enterprise and impact investing space in Asia, we pride ourselves on creating opportunities. Being resourceful and skilled at mobilizing human, financial and political resources to achieve IIX and Shujog’s mission is a key part of creating opportunities.
- Minimum of 7 years of combined experience in business development, management consulting or similar experience
- Cultural sensitivity towards working in South and Southeast Asia
- Excellent interpersonal skills; very strong leadership ability
- Outstanding presentation and communication skills
- High comfort level working in a relatively flat, non-hierarchical environment
- Must be experienced and comfortable working in Word, Powerpoint, and Excel.
- Must have deep understanding of the Impact Investing and Social Enterprise space.
- Highly entrepreneurial mindset; self-starter comfortable working in a dynamic environment
- Desire to work in a collaborative, high-performing team environment, building relationships with other team members and managing a range of responsibilities.
- Must be a team player, with a passion for entrepreneurship and market-based solutions to poverty, and an understanding of the challenges of investing in the markets we serve.
- Positive and self-motivated attitude.
- Additional Desired Qualifications:
- Graduate degree in development or financial economics, business administration, or quantitative or technical discipline
- Background in investor relations, institutional sales, or business development
- Academic or professional experience with IIX sector specializations (including renewable energy, inclusive finance, technology access, rural healthcare services, education, water and waste management)
- Fluency or proficiency in one or more regional languages
- Experience of living or extensive travel in developing countries. Field experience in the region working with social enterprises, startups, or INGOs will be an advantage
- Strong interpersonal skills and an ability to work well with a diverse group of stakeholders, from public bodies and policy makers to social entrepreneurs to large, international private corporations.
Please submit a resume and cover letter to email@example.com by June 30 2015. Qualified candidates will be considered and contacted by a member of the IIX team for interviews. IIX is an equal opportunity employer.