Business Development Director
- Deadline for Applications
- Contact Information
Deciwatt is a dynamic, early stage start up based in London that designs and develops off grid, clean energy solutions. Our first solution GravityLight is a unique, award-winning light powered by the lift of a weight – no sun or batteries needed.
GravityLight has been recognised for its huge potential in emergencies, power-cuts and ‘off-grid areas world-wide. Deciwatt will launch GravityLight this year to the humanitarian relief market and retail market (especially North America) – in which you could have a leading role.
As a social enterprise, Deciwatt’s sales in these markets support The GravityLight Foundation, a UK charity that tackles poverty and protects the environment through good design. The Foundation is launching GravityLight in countries with poor access to electricity, where over 1.1 billion people rely on dangerous, polluting and expensive kerosene lamps instead.
We’re seeking a Business Development Manager to lead the launch of GravityLight in relief and
retail markets, internationally.
Joining a small team, your role will span a broad range of responsibilities and you’ll be working with and reporting to Deciwatt’s Directors, shareholders and the inventors of GravityLight.
Lead the launch of GravityLight in retail and relief markets internationally, with responsibilities
spanning across sales, marketing and supply.
Develop Partnerships – you will be responsible for developing leads into collaborative partnerships with distributers and retailers.
Hire, develop and manage others – including multi-functional support including marketing, communications, logistics and international distribution
P&L responsibility –managing budgets, forecasting, meeting sales targets and, in turn, maximising support for The GravityLight Foundation.
Raise funds – you will be involved in identifying fundraising opportunities, building relationships with impact investors, writing applications and pitching.
Building market, customer and consumer expertise – feeding into Deciwatt’s long and short term strategy, including its future product pipeline
Oversee Deciwatt’s supply chain – from accurate forecasting to on-time delivery
Scaling operations – including establishing systems and processes that enable rapid growth
• Over 6 years experience in business development – researching, building and growing collaborative partnerships.
• Ideally, commercial experience within the retail sector, with international scope.
• Strong financial management – experience managing budgets, forecasting, full P&L
understanding and proficiency in Microsoft Excel.
• Experience managing direct reports – including recruitment and performance management.
• A desire to make a positive impact through your work, and interest in social enterprise
• Strong leadership skills – contributing to the vision and direction of the organisation and
building the business plan and team to achieve this.
• Action oriented – resourceful, able to take the initiative and manage multi-priorities in a fast-
• Excellent project management skills.
• Confident in public speaking, such as media interviews, pitches and presenting at exhibitions
Reports to: Board of Directors
Salary: Competitive salary commensurate with experience, including sales related bonus opportunity. Duration: Full time, permanent
Start date: asap
Location: Central London
Find out more about GravityLight on www.gravitylight.org
To apply, please send a cover letter and CV to email@example.com by 10th April 2016