Business Development Engineer
- Husk Power Systems
- Deadline for Applications
- Contact Information
- Please submit your CV and cover letter along as soon as possible and before July 15 via email to: firstname.lastname@example.org using ‘Business Development Engineer’ in the subject line.
Key deliverables with team Include
• Liaison with relevant government organizations for managing regulatory compliance
• Develop working relationship with multiple rice mills and agro-processing units and build this segment for Husk Power Biomass Plant.
• Develop partnership with 10+ institutions and businesses who can purchase Husk Power Systems biomass and solar powered mini-grid solution
• Build out biomass and solar PV mini-grid and micro-grid footprint in Tanzania with financially sound organizations
• Supporting fund raising efforts (Secure grant funds to drive project implementation for HPS and its partners)
• Grow our footprint in our existing offerings- biomass gasification systems- and to expand into new frontiers (solar PV and Hybrid) – through improved marketing, increasing partner retention, and whatever else gets results.
Key Deliverables as Business Development Engineer include
• Regulatory stakeholder management: Proactively work with regulatory stakeholders on projects to ensure regulatory compliance and prompt acquisition of project related approval, licenses and permits.
• Project management support: provide assistance at project site to project partners. Project activities are not limited to monitoring and reporting of project milestone; site visit before ,during and after installation, of biomass plant
• Identify Partnership Opportunities: Identify partnership opportunities and new prospects with which HPS can jointly develop biomass powered mini-grids in off-grid communities. Actively develop a pipeline of strong leads that can be converted into partners.
• Project Location Identification: Collaborate with the director of business development to develop and continually update a database of potential sites for biomass gasification and Solar PV projects for off-grid communities.
• Fund Raising: Actively seek grant making opportunities and develop concept notes and proposals in response to call for grant proposals.
• Partner management: Cultivate close relationships with individual partners to enhance HPS’s visibility , and influence in Tanzania, while developing a broader platform for further pipeline building
What we are looking for
• A minimum of three year professional experience in off-grid/ power sector. Renewable energy experience strongly preferred
• University degree in engineering preferably in Mechanical/Electrical engineering
• Resilience: resilient and able to work under pressure and tight deadline. The job will require extensive field trips to remote, off-grid communities and the candidate must be comfortable spending 50% of working days in rural areas
• Communication skills: Excellent written and oral communication skills in English and Kiswahili.
• MS Office Savvy: Excellent knowledge of MS Office: MS Word, Excel and Power point.
• Strong analytical skills: Ability to analyse data and insights from the field. Strong capacity to see trends, patterns and sense opportunity based on understanding of the dynamics of a business
• Good report documentation skills; experience with grant and proposal writing will be an added advantage
• Excellent relationship and stakeholder management skills
• Good Negotiation skills
• Resourceful self-starter: Displays an entrepreneurial spirit and thrives in a fast-pace, is motivated by working in a “start-up” environment; able to take initiative and work under minimal supervision.
• Passion and Energy: We need someone who brings an infectious enthusiasm to the team; the passion for the job must be evident.
• Team player and Commitment to social impact: Must be a team player, with a passion for entrepreneurship and market-based solutions to poverty. We require someone who is committed to social impact and is interested in purposeful work.
What you will get
The remuneration and growth opportunities for the position include (but not limited to) – Annual Remuneration: competitive salary, commensurate with experience.
• Variable Remuneration: potential for significant annual bonus based on delivery against performance.
- Attractive growth in salary.
Please submit your CV and cover letter along as soon as possible and before July 15 via email to: email@example.com using ‘Business Development Engineer’ in the subject line.