Business Development Fellow DRC
- BURN Manufacturing USA LLC
- Democractic Republic of Congo (DRC)
- Job Type
- Full-time, 12-month fellowship
- Deadline for Applications
- Where to Apply
BURN designs, manufactures, and distributes aspirational fuel-efficient cooking products that save lives and forests in the developing world. BURN has revolutionized the global cookstove sector by proving the business case for selling a high quality, locally manufactured and unsubsidized cookstoves. Since 2013, BURN has sold 300,000+ high quality, locally manufactured and unsubsidized jikokoa stoves in East Africa. These stoves have helped 1.5 million beneficiaries save $39 million in fuel expenditures and 626,221 tons of wood while reducing indoor air pollution by 65%. BURN currently sells ~15,000 stoves per month and is expanding further across the continent.
BURN is expanding to DR Congo and is looking for someone to join the team and drive the sales expansion into the new market. You would be the first person day-to-day in DRC for BURN and would be the point person to liaise back to the HQ in Nairobi. We are looking for someone dynamic with a can-do attitude. They will be key members of the sales and marketing team and will work closely with the VP Sales and VP of Marketing.
Roles and responsibilities:
• With a team, develop and refine the sales and marketing strategy for the DRC
• Hire, train, and manage an on-the-ground sales activation team
• Develop and manage new partnerships
• Work with the VP of Sales and our VP of Marketing to develop innovative marketing campaigns
Desired Skills & Experience:
• Fluent French speaker
• Strong oral and written communication skills
• High level of comfort working with business clients
• Enthusiasm, creativity, and a desire to ‘sell for good’
• Sales, marketing, or business development experience is a plus
• An ability to laugh and not get too frustrated by the challenges that come with working in Africa!
12-month fellowship in DRC to begin in Q3, 2017. Fellows receive a stipend of $1,100 per month, housing, one round trip flight at the beginning and end of the fellowship, and travel health insurance. The position will be based in Kinshasa with frequent travel in-country to Lubumbashi and Goma.