Business Development Manager
- Mexico City, Mexico
- Job Type
- Deadline for Applications
- How to Apply
- To apply, please email your resume and cover letter to email@example.com with the subject “Business Development Manager - Mexico” by November 12, 2021.
- Where to Apply
Reporting/Supervisor: Director, Business Development
Contract: Permanent employee following trial period
Travel: 25% travel
I. Who they are
Acceso (www.acceso.org) is a pioneering social business builder that is revolutionizing food systems in LAC. Acceso’s mission is to create fundamental and lasting economic change in the lives of rural smallholder farming families. Their pioneering entrepreneurial model provides smallholder farmers with a sustainable way to participate in formalized markets, enabling them to work themselves out of poverty with dignity and to prosper.
In 2020, Acceso acquired leading digital field agent Extensio (www.extensio.mx), based in Mexico. Acting as a digital field agent, Extensio employs mobile communication to provide farmers and actors in agricultural value chains with timely information for decision-making: weather and pest forecast and management, production risk mapping, best agricultural practices, and market information. Extensio’s services have reached farmers in Mexico, Colombia, El Salvador, Ecuador, and Haiti. Extensio is a certified Mexican B-Corporation, elected Best for the World 2021 for its impact in food value chains.
By combining forces, Acceso and Extensio now offer smallholder farmers in LAC an unparalleled and holistic solution, providing them with both digital and in-person information and training, agricultural inputs, affordable credit, and guaranteed market access to boost farmers’ productivity and increase income levels in an efficient and cost-effective way.
II. Position Description
The Business Development Manager will play a key role in scaling Extensio operations to new clients in Mexico, working with the Extensio management team across LAC.
III. Essential Job Functions & Responsibilities
The duties listed below are intended as illustrations of the types of duties that may be performed. The omission of specific duties does not exclude them from the position if the work is similar, related or a logical assignment to this position.
– Research and prospect potential Extensio clients (NGOs, research institutes, government agencies, agribusinesses) in Mexico by pitching Extensio through calls and meetings; maintain ongoing pipeline
– Prepare client proposals and MOUs
– Lead rollout of Extensio to new partners in Mexico, particularly in the kick-off phase, working closely together with the business development, customer success, and content teams
– Research potential grant/funding opportunities for Acceso/Extensio
– Support with grant applications/writing related to Acceso/Extensio
– Conduct initial analysis for new Mexico-based Acceso projects (crop analysis, initial market assessment, etc.)
– Research potential speaking and presentation opportunities; represent Acceso and Extensio at relevant conferences
IV. Education, Experience & Languages
– 5+ years’ experience in business development and sales, with ability to secure sales and/or partnerships deals
– Bachelor’s degree in business or management preferred
– Exceptional communications skills, both in-person and writing
– Strong research and analytical skills
– Strong project management skills and ability to work independently; problem solver
– Team player
– Strong entrepreneurial spirit and business sense
– Experience with technology is a plus
– Work/volunteering experience with rural or low income communities or ideal
– Passion and commitment to social impact and improving the lives of smallholder farmers
– Advanced user of MS Office Suite applications;
– Fluency in Spanish and English