Business Development Manager
- Greenlight Planet
- Mumbai, India
- Job Type
- Deadline for Applications
- Contact Information
We are looking for an entrepreneurial business development manager, to join our fast-growing global partnerships team. The Business Development Manager, Financial Services, will be responsible for deepening Greenlight Planet’s reach in India, through large strategic partnerships with financial service providers with emphasis on public sector banks, regional rural banks, small finance banks, Fintech companies, MFIs, etc. Key responsibilities for this role, will include (but not limited to) identifying and developing strategic relationships, assisting in the development of a strong pipeline of new business opportunities through direct or indirect customer contact, working with marketing, sales, and product development teams to implement business development initiatives.
Candidates for this position should have extensive experience with enterprise (B2B) sales, BD and client management and channel building in the financial services sector; more specifically in the banking sector. The ideal candidate has a strong track record of consistently exceeding acquisition targets and a passion for being involved with big, game-changing enterprises.
Key responsibilities for the role include:
• Responsible for developing and executing end to end high impact strategic alliances and partnerships with leading financial service providers.• Be actively involved in assessing potential partnership opportunities
• Assess various sectors and evaluate landscape for prospective channel partners
• Prospect relentlessly to build pipeline and build strong personal relationships with prospects
• Listen to the needs of the market and share insights with sales, product and marketing teams to help create and deliver new products for customers
• Deepen relationships with prospects by looking at opportunities for upselling/ cross selling etc.
• Manage end to end partner relationship including pitching, negotiation, contracting, billing/ invoicing, and result tracking
• Be proactive about solving problems even if it\’s outside of your area and be ready to take on additional initiatives and responsibilities as they emerge
• Seek out opportunities to be a leader and do everything you can to help the company achieve its larger objectives
• Responsible for achieving targets as assigned by the organization on a monthly/quarterly basis
• Understand and be aware of competition and use this information to acquire a partner effectively.
The ideal Candidate:
• must have 5-8 years of relevant experience in partnership / alliances building space/managing partners in banking industry
• should be hungry, proactive and outward –oriented, with a bias for action and delivering results
• has in depth familiarity of know-how of the functioning of public sector, regional rural banks and other similar organizations.
• has existing relationships with banks
• has ability to build strong relationship with discerning partners
• has ability to influence and drive stakeholders both externally and internally
• has strong communication and leadership skills
• has strong execution orientation-needs to be able to get things done, and fast
• is results-driven, problem-solver with structuring and analytical capabilities
• is culturally sensitive, creative and resourceful
• has a Master’s degree or Post Graduate qualification from a Premier institution
• is mission-driven, entrepreneurial and passionate about making a significant difference in the world
• lives and works in India
• is fluent in English, Hindi and any regional language
We are looking for someone who is driven, passionate and excited about the opportunity to bring honest, affordable energy to un/under-electrified homes. If this sounds like you, we would love to hear from you.
Greenlight Planet offers a competitive salary, a fun, supportive work environment and opportunities for continued professional growth within a fast-growing global enterprise.
Greenlight Planet believes in equal opportunity for all people, everywhere. It is the reason we exist! So, regardless of your race, color, religion, sex, marital status, sexual orientation, national origin, HIV/Aids status, disability or any other protected characteristic as established by law, we will accept your application and make a decision based on your suitability for the position.
Greenlight Planet is a socially motivated company that designs, manufactures, distributes and finances solar-powered energy products to an under served population living in un/under-electrified areas globally. For this population of 1.3 billion+ people, electrical grid is either unavailable or unreliable or too expensive.
Over a decade in business, the company is now a leading global brand in emerging markets across Asia Pacific and Sub-Saharan Africa. Greenlight’s Sun King™ products provide modern light and energy to 30 million people in more than 60 countries.
From the company’s wide range of trusted Sun King™solar lamps and home energy systems, to its innovative distribution partnerships, to its EasyBuy™ pay-as-you-go consumer financing model, Greenlight Planet continuously strives to meet the evolving needs of the off-grid market.
Greenlight stays in touch with under served consumers’ needs in part by operating its own direct-to-consumer sales network, including thousands of trusted sales agents in local communities. But to reach most consumers, Greenlight partners with hundreds of last-mile distribution companies, ranging from small retail wholesalers, to the world’s largest micro-finance institutions, mobile network operators, and energy companies.
Today, with over 900+ full-time employees in 11 countries, we remain continuously impressed at how each new team member contributes unique and innovative solutions to the global off-grid challenge, from new product designs, to better training strategies, to more efficient logistical and after-sales service systems. We listen closely to each other to improve our products, our service, and ultimately, the lives of under served consumers.