- Asociación SONATI Nicaragua
- Deadline for Applications
- Contact Information
Looking for a challenge?? We have a big one for you – Join our mission to create environmental change through widespread free environmental education!
SONATI is a Nicaraguan non-profit environmental education organization, empowering community members with knowledge and tools to make an environmental change in their communities.
SONATI practices a responsible self-sustainable model: using a hostel and eco-tours to finance its environmental programs.
• Manage and supervise all commercial operations, ensuring there is sufficient funding to support ongoing environmental education activities.
• Improve and grow the established hostel and tours businesses – including marketing, finance and accounting, staff recruitment and training.
• Support existing custom clients (large private groups), recruit new clients, maintain and expand custom tour pipeline.
• Support fundraising activities.
• Establish new SONATI businesses at new sites in Nicaragua.
• Work in collaboration and cooperation with the environmental director.
• Work with a board of directors in shaping and implementing the organization’s strategies, policies, and initiatives.
• Experience in establishing and managing a successful business
• Experience in fundraising, marketing and strategic planning
• Excellent teamwork abilities and inter-personal relations
• Ability to train and manage teams of Nicaraguan and international staff, in a professional and friendly manner, at different sites
• Ability to work creatively with limited human and financial resources
• Very organized and detail-oriented
• Direct experience in managing a hostel and/or tours (not required but preferable)
• Good Spanish and English
The financial support SONATI provides corresponds to fair local salaries, but for foreigners practically volunteering salaries. Candidate can expect to cover his living costs, but cannot count on saving money out of salary. The inicial financial support will be U$300 per month. After 6 months it will increase to U$350 and after one year to U$400.
A two years minimum commitment is required.
When to start:
Find out more information about SONATI at: http:www.sonati.org