Business Operations Startup Consultant – DRC
- BURN Manufacturing USA LLC
- Ruiru, Kenya
- Job Type
- Contract, Full-time
- Deadline for Applications
- Where to Apply
BURN designs manufactures and distributes aspirational fuel-efficient cooking products that save lives and forests in the developing world. BURN has revolutionized the global cookstove sector by proving the business case for selling a high quality, locally manufactured and unsubsidized cookstoves in East Africa. Since 2013, BURN has sold 300,000+ high quality, locally manufactured and unsubsidized jikokoa stoves in East Africa. These stoves have helped 1.9 million beneficiaries save $94 million in fuel expenditures and 1,626,221 tons of wood while reducing indoor air pollution by 65%. BURN currently sells ~15,000 stoves per month and is expanding further across the continent.
BURN is expanding to DR Congo and is looking for a consultant to assist with launching our business operations. We are looking for someone dynamic with a can-do attitude. The consultant will work closely with our Director of Expansion and DRC Country Manager.
Roles and responsibilities:
• Establishing Burns business entity in DRC (incorporate business, establish bank accounts etc)
• Collecting inputs (tax, duty, utilities, transport, etc.) for launching BURN’s manufacturing business in DRC
• Work with senior management team to develop a launch strategy
Required Skills & Experience:
• Bachelor degree or MBA
• Excellent written and verbal communication French and English
• High level of comfort working with business clients
• Experience writing business plans
• Enthusiasm, creativity, and a desire to ‘sell for good’
• An ability to laugh and not get too frustrated with the challenges that come with working in Africa!
Preferential Skills and Experience:
• Has worked in DRC or Sub-Saharan Africa.
• Financial Modeling is an asset but is not required as the fellow will work with our finance team to expand our existing financial model
• business development experience
• Experience in logistics
Location: Kinshasa DRC and Nairobi Kenya
Start date: Between April 1 and June 1, 2018
contract duration: ~4-6 months