Business Systems Administrator
- Root Capital
- Deadline for Applications
- Where to Apply
- Liz Karageorgos
The Business Systems Administrator is a key member of the Business Information Systems (BIS) Team and will play a lead role in ensuring that Root Capital is implementing and maintaining systems-enabled solutions that allow staff across the organization to do their jobs in a more efficient and effective manner. The Business Systems Administrator will coordinate the execution of best practices related to implementation, administration, training, maintenance, and data quality across all business systems. In addition, the Business Systems Administrator will serve the system administrator for Root Capital’s Salesforce.com enterprise platform, serving approximately 150 users across the globe, as well as overseeing all new Salesforce feature development, implementation and training.
1) Business Information Systems Implementation, Maintenance and Training
Responsible for recommending and implementing best practices with regards to administration of business information systems, and coordinating with business unit BIS system administrators to ensure related policies and procedures are being implemented across the organization.
• Responsible for implementing best practices and frameworks for managing bug reports, enhancement requests, and general maintenance.
• Manage vendor relationship and negotiations.
• Develop and deliver trainings on business information systems.
2) Business Information Systems Data Quality
Responsible for recommending and implementing best practices with regards to measuring and improving data quality across all of Root’s business information systems and coordinating with business unit BIS system administrators to ensure related policies and procedures are being implemented across the organization.
• Implement practices related to data quality and security.
• Create and maintain technical documentation.
3) Salesforce Administration
Manage and serve as the primary system administrator of Root Capital’s Salesforce.com enterprise platform, serving approximately 150 users across the globe.
• Responsible for managing user and contact information, permission sets, public groups, etc.
• Build custom objects, workflow rules, and email alerts.
• Responsible for report and dashboard creation (Conga Composer experience preferred).
• Manage case support ticket system.
4) Salesforce Development
Oversee all new feature development, implementation and training for the Salesforce platform and serve as the Chair of our Salesforce Council of departmental Salesforce representatives.
• Responsible for testing Quality Assurance (QA) of new custom objects and features.
• Facilitating in-person and virtual training sessions for end users and other trainers.
• Manage administration of AppExchange apps such as DemandTools, Dataloader.io, etc.
Qualifications and Experience
• Bachelor’s degree in Systems or related quantitatively-intensive field and sufficient directly relevant work experience.
• 5 to 7 years of experience with information systems administration and/or operations, ideally in financial services, international and/or non-profit environments.
• At least two years of experience directly with Saleforce.com and strong skill set in Salesforce development and administration.
• Experience on Information systems administration including serving as system administrator for key business applications.
• Strong skill sets in systems implementation, administration, training, maintenance and data quality.
• Exemplary attention to detail and organizational skills.
• Strong problem solving skills.
• Familiarity with Data Security best practices.
• Ability to work in a cross-functional team environment.
• Strong customer service orientation.
• Experience interfacing with technical and non-technical stakeholders.
• Ability to work in a dynamic, fast-paced, and constantly evolving work environment.
• Passion for Root Capital’s mission of environmentally and socially responsible investing.
• Applicants must be authorized to work in the United States.
Commensurate with experience.
Applications and Nominations
More information about Root Capital is available at www.rootcapital.org
Applications will be accepted on a rolling basis. Candidates are encouraged to apply as soon as possible.
Applications including a resume and cover letter describing your interest, qualifications, language abilities, salary requirements, and how you learned of the position should be sent to: jobs+systemadmin@rootcapital.