Business Systems Analyst
- Root Capital
- Deadline for Applications
- Where to Apply
- Liz Karageorgos
1) Business Information Systems Planning
Responsible for recommending and overseeing the implementation of best practices with regards to identifying, prioritizing and initiating BIS projects, with the goal of ensuring Root Capital is focusing system development resources on building the mix of systems that will have the greatest business value to the organization.
• Identify best practices with regards to identifying, prioritizing and initiating business systems projects, including development of business cases or other tools to quantify project ROI or alignment with organizational objectives.
• Interact with business unit to staff to understand their business process and objectives and the potential value that systems-enabled solutions can provide.
2) Business Information Systems Analysis, Selection & Design
Responsible for recommending and overseeing the implementation of best practices with regards to BIS system analysis, selection and design, with a focus on policies, procedures and tools to support business systems requirements gathering and system and vendor selection processes.
• Interface with business unit staff to gather and document business requirements for projected related to new systems or enhancements to current systems.
• Translate business requirements into formal RFP or RFI documentation and work with business unit staff to research and select potential vendors and products for inclusion in RFP process.
• Coordinate information system vendor and product selection process, including developing best practices and tools for assessing vendor/product alignment with business requirements and budget.
3) Data Architecture & Systems Integration
Work together with the Director of Finance, SVP of Finance and Business Systems Administrator in developing and implementing best practices for data architecture and integration across our business systems.
• Develop or implement best practices for data architecture and systems integration, especially in a business environment heavily dependent on multiple cloud-based solutions.
• Serve as the System Administrator for Root Capital’s systems integration platform.
Qualifications and Experience
• Bachelor’s degree in Systems or related quantitatively-intensive field and sufficient directly relevant work experience.
• 4 to 6 years of experience with information systems administration and/or operations, ideally in financial services, international and/or non-profit environments
• Strong skill sets in business systems analysis, selection, design and implementation (as further detailed above)
• Exemplary attention to detail and organizational skills
• Strong problem solving skills
• Familiarity with information system governance best practices
• Ability to work in a cross-functional team environment
• Experience interfacing with technical and non-technical stakeholders
• Ability to work in a dynamic, fast-paced, and constantly evolving work environment
• Passion for Root Capital’s mission of environmentally and socially responsible investing
• Applicants must be authorized to work in the United States.
Applications will be accepted on a rolling basis. Candidates are encouraged to apply as soon as possible.
Applications including a resume and cover letter describing your interest, qualifications, language abilities, salary requirements, and how you learned of the position should be sent to: firstname.lastname@example.org Please type “Business Systems Analyst” followed by your name (Last, First) as the subject line of your email (e.g. “Business System Analyst – Marrero, Marc”). Finalist candidates will be required to provide at least three work-related references.