- Pocket Power
- Remote/home-based (UK)
- Job Type
- Part-time (Fixed Term)
- Deadline for Applications
- How to Apply
- Send a cover letter (no more than 400 words) and CV (no more than 2 sides of A4) stating why you’re right for this position and why you would like to work with us. Please describe/ give evidence in your cover letter of how you have the skills and experience that are mentioned in the Job Description
- Where to Apply
Pocket Power is a social enterprise that promotes financial inclusion for people on low incomes in the UK. They do this by providing a free phone service that helps people switch to better deals on their household bills and apply for discounts; reducing their outgoing costs and therefore putting money back in their pockets. Please see the supporting document to find out more about Pocket Power and the impact we make.
They care passionately about having a positive impact on their customers and as a socially-driven business, they also are equally passionate about their society, their environment and their staff. They have committed to providing the Living Wage to all staff, supporting diversity and inclusion in their workforce and providing opportunities for personal and professional development for all colleagues during their time within the organisation.
They are an equal opportunities employer and strongly encourage applicants from all backgrounds and walks of life. They are determined to ensure that no applicant or employee receives less favourable treatment on the grounds of gender, age, race, disability, religion, belief, sexual orientation, marital status, or is disadvantaged by conditions or requirements which cannot be shown to be justifiable.
They are a startup social enterprise, looking for a Call Agent to join their hard-working team as they expand their service. This role is right at the heart of the organisation on the frontline of saving residents money everyday. Responsibilities include:
– Carrying out savings calls with customers
– Applying for discounts on customers’ behalf
– Helping customers switch providers using their switching technology
– Carrying out 3 way calls with customers and suppliers
– Managing your calendar of appointments
– Sending follow up emails and text messages to customers
N.B. They work remotely, so this is a home-based role.
Who they are looking for:
This post would be ideally suited to someone who has relevant experience and enjoys talking to people on the phone for the majority of the day. They strive to offer a great service to their customers both through their calls and follow up texts and emails so you will also need excellent oral and written communication skills and be a personable individual.
During the calls you will have to navigate between several different I.T. platforms and websites so will need to have good I.T. skills.
You will also be managing your own time throughout the day, balancing carrying out new calls, reorganising others and following up with customers over text and email so you will need strong time management and organisational skills.
They care about creating a supportive, positive team environment and have regular check-ins and brainstorming sessions about how to improve their service in which you will have the opportunity to shape the business going forward. In your day to day role you will need to be able to deal with periods of heavy workload, and stay motivated during the quieter periods. They are therefore looking for someone who is motivated, proactive, a self-starter.
Although they work with call scripts, no two calls are the same, and often you may need to think on your feet and be creative. You will also need to learn a lot about discounts and switching and be eager to continuously learn about the relevant sectors and useful information for us to pass on to customers.
Finally, helping people save money is incredibly rewarding! But you are likely to encounter customers facing difficult personal circumstances, so you will also need to be resilient and also empathetic and supportive and to be passionate about helping others. It also helps to have a good sense of humour!
– Ideally, at least 2 years experience in a call centre environment or a role where you are predominantly on the phone.
– At least a pass in GCSE Maths or equivalent or be able to demonstrate good numeracy skills.
What they are offering you:
– The chance to directly support those most in need in their society to create a better situation for themselves and the people around them
– To be a big part of a growing, dynamic social enterprise and have the opportunity to influence its future direction and impact
– 25 days paid holiday plus bank holidays (pro rata for part-time)
– All necessary equipment (Laptop, Headset etc.) will be provided