- The Syria Campaign
- Europe, Middle East, East Coast US
- Job Type
- Deadline for Applications
- Contact Information
The Campaign Manager will lead teams of creative and talented campaigners to develop new campaigns, programmatic work and creative interventions to support Syria’s heroic civil society. They will be responsible for delivering campaigns that place the work of Syria’s frontline heroes on front pages around the world and carry their voices into the corridors of power.
THE SYRIA CAMPAIGN
The Syria Campaign is a small, fast and powerful organisation that is building new ways for digital and creative communications to have impact. We’ve moved beyond the limitations of an “online movement builder” or traditional NGO, fusing the best elements of think tanks, creative agencies and digital mobilization to shift the narrative on Syria. We aren’t trying to get millions onto a petition. We’re trying to get billions onto a story.
We’ve raised the profile of Syrian groups like the White Helmets rescue workers, helping secure them millions of dollars to continue their life-saving work and making them famous around the world. We’ve supported some of the bravest women in the world taking their ‘Freedom Bus’ across Europe. We’ve successfully campaigned to block Europe selling aviation fuel to the Assad regime, secured a UN resolution banning the trade in Syrian antiquities and supported Syrian humanitarians calling out the problems at the heart of the UN’s flawed aid operation. All this and much, much more.
We work with dozens of partners across Syria who trust us deeply. We support the medics that risk their lives to save others, the volunteer rescue workers who rush to the scene of bombs and the teachers who build schools in basements to make sure Syria has a future. Syria is full of heroes and we’re privileged enough to work with them.
– Analyze multiple issue landscapes simultaneously and identify opportunities for campaigns
– Lead on the development of multiple campaign strategies simultaneously
– Lead the development of TSC’s overall campaign approaches and prioritisation
– Lead multiple campaigns from research to concept through to execution simultaneously
– Manage and oversee a team of campaigners working on execution, including developing campaign content, running experiments, monitoring metrics, and sharing data-driven results
– Develop new approaches to engage new audiences through powerful storytelling and creative approaches that are underpinned by a sophisticated strategic and analytical thinking
– Oversee the development of campaign content including videos, graphics and websites with external partners / creative agencies
– Develop and maintain strong relationships with peer colleagues at partner organisations including international and Syrian NGOs
– Represent TSC in meetings with external stakeholders [policy makers, Syrian partners, media]
– Act as a media spokesperson when needed
– Actively contributing to the development of happy and productive work culture at TSC
– Contribute to the creative culture at TSC by introducing new approaches to team work and collaboration in order to produce impactful campaigns
– Manage a team of interdisciplinary staff on a campaign by campaign basis
– Develop and oversee reporting processes for campaigns to ensure the medium and long-term success of the organisation
– Act as a personal development manager for Campaigners and Senior Campaigners
– Develop and oversee campaign budgets
– Contribute to the efforts of Senior Management team at TSC as needed
SKILLS / EXPERIENCE
We need people who excel at one of the following: creative ideas and content, communications, digital mobilization and media (or all of the above – unicorns welcome). We want people who can weave together the best parts of smart advocacy, advertising, storytelling and digital mobilization, bringing them together to create campaigns that save lives.
If the below are things that get you out of bed in the morning we want to hear from you:
– Planning creative campaign concepts that can cut through complex issues
– Working in solidarity with some of humanity’s heroes to get their voices into the world
– Producing content with creatives that can stop the heart and move the mind
– Obsessively thinking about the internet and new ways to engage people
– Being part of a tiny team in a start-up culture doing whatever it takes to make impact on the biggest crisis of our time
EXPERIENCE / SKILLS
– Track record of involvement in cross-platform campaigns that have had impact
– Track record of excellence within advocacy, storytelling, digital mobilization or content creation
– Strong teamwork skills, comfortable in a highly collaborative team culture and a hierarchical team structure
– Arabic language preferred but not essential
– Experience of working on Syria or other conflicts
– Experience in delivering trainings to others
The Syria Campaign is a virtual organization with staff members based all over the world; we accept applications from any location. The job is remote and can be done anywhere in European, Middle Eastern or East Coast US time zones. We have small offices in New York, Beirut and London. Salary dependent on experience with generous holiday allowances.
We are an equal opportunity employer and encourage applicants of diverse backgrounds.
To apply, please submit an via our website and include a brief cover letter explaining why you are interested in the job and how your background has prepared you for this role: https://thesyriacampaign.org/
Closing date for applications is Monday 19th February at 10:00 GMT. We will consider applications before the closing date.