Career Opportunities in Social Enterprise – East Africa
- Impact Business Leaders
- Deadline for Applications
- Where to Apply
- For more information, contact Kim Hendler, Business Development, Khendler@impactbusinessleaders.com
Impact Business Leaders (IBL) provides business professionals with 5 to 15 years of experience with career opportunities in for-profit social enterprises aiming for social impact. Our ideal 20-25 candidates have strong prior finance and/or technical experience and are looking to advance their careers in social enterprise and impact investing.
IBL offers a social enterprise orientation workshop, personalized career guidance, and career advancing job opportunities with social enterprises and impact investors around East Africa.
92 experienced professionals from around the world have participated in IBL’s programs – including 22 program participants who found jobs with 16 social enterprises in Kenya, Tanzania, and Uganda. While IBL cannot guarantee jobs, 90% of participants seeking jobs have secured them.
After successful programs at Saïd Business School at Oxford University and at Darden Business School at the University of Virginia, IBL is excited to announce our program in partnership with the Strathmore Business School from 4-11 December 2015. Learn more about this program here.
Why Choose IBL
- Individualized social enterprise career advising from IBL’s Founder, David Kyle. David worked with Citibank for 20 years entirely outside the United States, and as President of Citibank Portugal was responsible for opening up trade with Angola and Mocambique. He has extensive experience in social enterprise and impact investing in Africa, including launching Acumen’s first country office in Nairobi, managing investments for Calvert Foundation in East Africa, and working closely with entrepreneurs in early stage investing organizations such as Village Capital or Unreasonable Institute East Africa.
- Exclusive, 7 day, graduate-level, orientation workshop led by practitioners who have built successful impact investing or social enterprise organizations active in East Africa. The workshop is highly interactive and personalized, resulting in a lasting network among participants and instructors.
- Job Opportunities with career building jobs in social enterprises and impact investors. While hiring decisions are in the hands of partners, 90% of participants seeking jobs have secured them.
- International Network of fellow participants, IBL alumni, and instructors to support participants as they progress in their social enterprise careers.
Our Ideal Candidate:
IBL is looking for a diverse group of participants who meet the following guidelines.
- From 5 to 15 years of work experience
- Expertise in finance, investing, or a technical role
- Interest in a career with impact in East Africa through social enterprise
- Strong analytical and communications skills and tolerance for ambiguity and change
- Graduate degree (undergraduate degree and significant experience will be considered)