CEO – Philippines Private Equity
- Developing World Markets
- Deadline for Applications
- Contact Information
- email@example.com, firstname.lastname@example.org
Developing World Markets (DWM) is a USA-based socially responsible financial services group that primarily invests in inclusive finance institutions to promote economic and social development. For more information, see www.dwmarkets.com.
DWM is seeking a qualified candidate to fill the position of Chief Executive Officer (CEO) in a thrift bank in Philippines. The requirement is for a dynamic CEO to help the bank regain growth and profitability. Reflecting this engagement, the CEO’s compensation package will include equity or an equity-like variable compensation.
The CEO works under authority of the Board of Directors and coordinates closely with the Chairman of the Board, the management and staff of the Head Office/Branches, partners, officials of regulatory agencies as well as funders and donors. The CEO is responsible for collaborating with the Board to define the organization’s vision and strategy, creating annual plans to support the company’s strategy, and implementing policies and practices to achieve the bank’s the operational plan. The CEO manages the human resources, oversees operations and financial accounting, and maintains relationships with the community and regulators to ensure that the bank meets its long-term financial and social goals and complies with government laws and regulations.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Collaborates with the Board to define the bank’s strategic direction and provides prompt, accurate and thorough information and presents quarterly and annual reports to the Board of Directors to keep it informed of the company’s performance;
- Oversees development and implementation of annual business plan and budget that support the strategic direction set by the Board; submits annual plans and budget to the Board for approval;
- Identify risk owners and establish adequate mitigating controls and action plans;
- Hires, manages and fires human resources and promotes a culture that reflects the organization’s values and encourages strong performance;
- Oversees staff performance evaluation and develops future leadership within the organization;
- Develops financial, operational, personnel and other policies, procedures and internal controls to ensure optimum performance and risk management;
- Manages compliance with legal and regulatory requirements and directs the preparation of reports required by the law, regulators, and lenders;
- Directs the establishment of procedures for custody and control of assets, records, loan collateral, and securities to ensure safekeeping;
- Coordinates communication and reporting across departments and branch offices to ensure availability of data required for efficient daily operations;
- Collects and analyzes information that monitors the company’s financial and social success and proposes changes in response to that information;
- Stays informed of currents trends in the market and anticipates future trends that are likely to impact the company’s work;
- Acts as a liaison between the organization and the community, building relationships with peer institutions and industry associations;
- Serves as the Company Representative in professional, business, and community
organizations to promote the bank’s products and services, goodwill and new business;
- Directs the preparation of project proposals for external fund sourcing; and • Performs any other duties as required by the Board.
Results Orientation – Driving superior results by enabling and transforming the business model for high and sustainable performance
- “hands on”, involved and committed management style given the turn-around nature of the assignment.
- Proven ability to drive change diplomatically and to lead the delivery of results in a multi¬cultural environment.
- To manage tensions of “Perform, Grow and Breakout” to seize opportunities to turn apparent contradiction into significant business benefits.
Team Leadership – Effective people management, leadership and interpersonal skills
- Able to develop a high performing and responsive team through focused financial performance and full accountability for results;
- Ensure the attraction and retention of outstanding staff and the best local use of training and development tools to grow the bank.
- Acute sensitivity to cultural practices and social-economic differences.
- Constant Review and development of appropriate methods and procedures to ensure coordination between all areas of the bank.
Strategic Orientation – To create breakthrough strategies to deliver growth
- Strategy development experience and ability to identify target markets and evaluate business opportunities—the ability to pivot and re-target/prioritize is crucial
- Ability to leverage information technology to drive growth with customers
Customer and Social-economic Impact
- Commitment to customer success and achievement of social-economic impact as demonstrated by being customer focused, to identify and realize growth ideas and markets.
- Keep informed on new developments and ideas affecting the bank, through frequent communications with other organizations and professional associations.
Collaboration and Influencing
- Succeeding through collaboration by taking a whole organization view, and promoting the reputation of the bank.
- To generate energy and commitment from others to building a high performance culture as the catalyst for change.
- Experience in dealing with external regulators and examiners.
- A strong knowledge of banking and finance • Sound understanding and the ability to leverage technology internally and externally
- 10 years of experience in MSME lending, microfinance or retail banking financial
operations with at least 5 years at a senior management level;
- Deep knowledge of the Philippine market and nuances of specific regions;
- Experience in turnaround and/or distressed circumstances;
- Proven track record of motivating and developing capable management teams;
- Experience in budgeting, risk management, financial analysis, asset and liability management, and international accounting and auditing standards; • Excellent financial, analytical, organizational, and problem solving skills;
- Experience and expertise with computerized databases and MIS systems;
- Accuracy, attention to details, initiative and ability to manage multiple tasks and meet deadlines;
- Bachelor’s or Master’s Degree in Business management, finance and banking, or related fields;
- Fluent in English with strong written and oral communication skills;
- People and results-oriented.
Interested candidates should send an application form including a detailed CV and Cover Letter (no certificates) to email@example.com firstname.lastname@example.org on or before August 25th, 2016.
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted for an interview. There will be no return of applications. Women are encouraged to apply.