- BURN Manufacturing USA LLC
- Ruiru, Kenya
- Job Type
- Deadline for Applications
- Where to Apply
BURN designs, manufactures, and distributes aspirational fuel-efficient cooking products that save lives and forests in the developing world. BURN has revolutionized the global cookstove sector by proving the business case for selling a high quality, locally manufactured and unsubsidized cookstoves. Since 2013, BURN has sold 350,000 high quality, locally manufactured and unsubsidized improved cookstoves in East Africa. These stoves have helped 1,500,000+ beneficiaries save $45 million in fuel expenditures and 926,221 tons of wood while reducing indoor air pollution by 65%. BURN intends to double sales by the end of 2018.
We are looking for a CFO Assistant to assist our CFO. This person needs to be dynamic and have a real can-do attitude. He/she will be a key member of the Finance team and will work closely with the chief Finance officer.
• Perform controlling functions and generate reports from ERP system.
• Develop and prepare other reports for department heads, C-level and Board
o Financial reports
o HR reports
o Productivity reports
o Manufacturing reports
• Financial modelling for new product lines, entities, expansion and internationalization.
• Contributes to and implement financial strategy.
• Responsible for compliance with tax, legislative and statutory and other related requirements.
• Support the preparation of the budget and financial forecasts and report variances. Initiate corrective actions.
• Ensures development and implementation of financial policies, procedures and best practices at a divisional tactical level and to provide guidance and support to the CFO and management in dealing with all aspects of finance in accordance with such policies and procedures whilst also achieving operational goals and objectives.
• Oversee forecast cash flow forecasting for all entities in BURN, and ensure that sufficient funds are available to meet ongoing operational and capital investment requirements.
• Responsible for the establishment of a sound management information function and ensuring the accuracy of information generated.
• Coordinate the preparation of regulatory reporting.
• Support finance department in all audits.
• Lead on technical issues for compliance.
• Ensure quality control and value for money on financial transactions.
• Manage and comply with local, state, and government reporting requirements and tax filings in all countries with BURN’s presence, Kenya and US.
• Effective management and utilization of all controlling systems.
• Ensure risks associated with financial processes are identified, assessed and mitigated.
• Ensures all balance sheet accounts are clean, accurate and are cleared in a timely manner as per BURN procedures.
• Develop and document business processes and accounting policies to maintain and strengthen internal controls.
• Be a key person for review of all legal documents including contracts, agreements, MOUs etc. and work with lawyers on these where needed.
• Ensure that BURN is compliant with all regulations and rules of each country it works in and has all the required insurances etc. to insulate it from risk.
• Perform internal audits where required.
• 3-year Finance experience outside East Africa
• Bachelor degree specializing in Finance or Accounting
• Strong leadership and management skills
• Proven financial skills
• High level of oral and written communication skills
• Usage of ERP
• Working knowledge of accounting systems
• Must be comfortable in a dynamic start-up environment.
• Languages: English