- Proximity Designs
- Yangon, Myanmar
- Job Type
- Deadline for Applications
- Contact Information
You are an agricultural expert excited by improving products and services with technology. Our agronomists are the backbone of the Farm Advisory Services team. We rely on your expertise and research to offer accessible agricultural techniques to over 60,000 farmers, ranging from seed-quality grading to soil improvement. As Agronomist, you will assist the Chief Agronomist to identify the current needs of Myanmar farmers and address their concerns with simple, affordable, and environmentally sustainable solutions. If you are passionate about helping Myanmar farmers produce the finest crops, then this is the opportunity for you.
Meet Your Team
The Farm Advisory Services (FAS) team is at the forefront of agricultural consulting for Myanmar’s smallholder farmers. The 180-member team is made up of diverse talents, including advanced agronomists, finance gurus, digital and analytical experts, and former farmers. We share the same empathy for our customers and create social impact through technical trainings and innovative digital tools. We provide affordable, sustainable solutions to farmers’ struggles. The strategies we use are easy to apply, environmentally friendly and in turn, help increase farmers’ yield and income.
What You Will Do
• Design agricultural practices that are suitable for Myanmar farmers based on thorough research of their needs and concerns
• Travel extensively in rural Myanmar with the agronomy team, working together with lead farmers to experiment with cutting-edge scientific solutions that help farmers farm smarter
• Collaborate with other Proximity Designs business units to execute new product and service development projects and deliver agricultural technologies to farmers
• Facilitate agricultural knowledge trainings and provide technical support for the field extension staff
Is this you?
The successful candidate will have:
• You have a master’s degree in agriculture and have preferably worked in the field.
• You are passionate about applying agricultural theories to real life practices.
• You care about farmers and their livelihoods, and that motivates you to understand their situations and come up with the right solutions.
• You are a lifelong learner. You enjoy staying up to date with trends in the agricultural industry.
• You are eager to be on the move, as you’ll be expected to travel around rural Myanmar for up to 50% of your work time.
• You can communicate comfortably in both Myanmar and English.
Proximity Designs is an internationally recognized social enterprise designing and marketing innovative products and services for people in rural Myanmar. We offer products and services in the areas of agriculture, technical assistance, and financial services that are affordable and boost household productivity and incomes. Since launching in 2004, we’ve grown to cover 80% of Myanmar’s rural market and serve over 100,000 customers each year.