Chief Development Officer
- Resetting the Table
- Job Type
- Deadline for Applications
- How to Apply
- We will review applications on a rolling basis until the position is filled. To apply, please submit a resume & cover letter to Jamie Perry, Evolve Giving Group: firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Where to Apply
|Polarization has become a defining national crisis. We are now seeking a visionary fundraiser to help rebuild the social cohesion on which our democracy depends.
ABOUT RESETTING THE TABLE
At RTT, we see the motivation, growth, and well-being of our team members as a critical ingredient to our success. Our mission-driven workplace culture is dedicated to excellence, authentic collegial care, and investment in the professional development of each team member.
RTT has just completed a strategic planning process and the organization has charted a bold path forward to raise significant resources for tackling the challenges that polarization presents to our country and communities. We are on track to more than double our budget over the coming 3-4 years from $1.3m to $2.9m, as we meet the needs of this fractious moment and work to embed healthy engagement across divides as a national and communal norm. This position offers the opportunity to join RTT at an inflection point in its history and to work with a committed, passionate, talented team to build on the organization’s success and help propel it to new levels of accomplishment.
Resetting the Table seeks a full-time, visionary Chief Development Officer to lead and implement the strategic expansion of a development program that advances RTT’s mission, impact, and growth. The Chief Development Officer will work closely with our CEO to build upon our strong financial footing and base of institutional funders, creating a multi-year fundraising strategy and culture of philanthropy throughout the organization. RTT’s fundraising to date has primarily been driven by a small number of institutional donors. The Chief Development Officer will broaden our base of support from both individual and institutional funders, working with the CEO to meet ambitious short-term fundraising goals while helping the organization build out our fundraising function as we scale and develop long-term.
The ideal candidate is an experienced fundraiser, savvy communicator, and authentic relationship-builder who possesses a passion for our mission and is able to craft and articulate compelling cases for support to diverse stakeholders, grounded in research and relationship-building.
• Build Fundraising Strategy: You will work with the CEO to drive and implement a comprehensive strategy to identify, cultivate, and solicit individual and institutional donors aligned with RTT’s mission, work, and approach. You will set the big picture for evolving our fundraising, building a prospect pipeline, maximizing engagement of funders with the organization, and investing all staff in building a culture of philanthropy. You will work with RTT’s leadership and program teams to distill RTT’s accomplishments and impact in ways that resonate with diverse stakeholders. You will serve as an expert on RTT’s mission and rigorous framework for communication across divides in order to drive advancement efforts.
Note to Applicants: We encourage you to apply even if you do not feel that you meet 100% of the listed qualifications. No one ever meets 100% of qualifications, so if this job excites you and aligns with your values and aspirations, we strongly encourage you to apply. We look forward to your application.
Ideal candidates for the Chief Development Officer position will have:
• 7+ years of demonstrated fundraising success and frontline experience securing 5-, and 6- figure gifts from institutional and/or individual donors, including roles that required communicating with a variety of audiences. Prior grant-writing experience is preferred.
At Resetting the Table, we don’t just accept difference of background, identity, or point of view – we celebrate it, we support it, and we thrive on it for the benefit of our employees, our work, and our community. RTT is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. Applicants will not be discriminated against because of race, color, creed, ideology, sex, sexual orientation, gender, age, religion, national origin, disability, ancestry, marital status, veteran status, medical condition, or any protected category prohibited by local, state or federal laws. All aspects of employment are decided on the basis of qualifications, merit, and organizational need.
HIRING PROCESS AND HOW TO APPLY
We will review applications on a rolling basis until the position is filled. To apply, please submit a resume & cover letter to Jamie Perry, Evolve Giving Group: email@example.com.
COMPENSATION AND BENEFITS
The salary range for the Chief Development Officer will be $130,000-$165,000, commensurate with experience. This salary range is wide as we will be considering candidates with a wide range of experience. Salary is negotiable beyond this range for candidates with extensive experience in similar roles.
RTT also offers a competitive benefits package:
• Medical insurance, life insurance, and short/long-term disability