Chief Executive Officer
- Invest for Impact Nepal
- Kathmandu, Nepal
- Job Type
- Deadline for Applications
- How to Apply
- To apply please submit your C.V. and a covering letter to Sally Brunton by email on SBrunton@nathaninc.com.
- Where to Apply
Are you an experienced investment professional looking for your next challenge? Do you have experience leading and motivating high-performing teams in challenging contexts and with a track record of achieving results? Are you passionate about the work you do having a real impact?
Invest for Impact Nepal (IIN) is a ground-breaking joint collaboration between British International Investment (BII); the Dutch Entrepreneurial Development Bank (FMO); and the Swiss Agency for Development and Cooperation (SDC). IIN’s objective is to accelerate responsible and impactful investment into Nepal by collaborating, supporting and catalysing the financial intermediary sector in Nepal to achieve a step-change in growth, E&S impact, and investment. IIN is looking for a CEO to join and lead its team in Kathmandu during its transition from a small-scale, proof-of-concept initiative to an expanded, ambitious and at least three year venture.
The CEO will provide overall strategic and technical leadership to IIN, with responsibility for the successful delivery of a portfolio of projects and activities. This will include the following responsibilities:
· leading the delivery of an ambitious set of targets whilst being the lead and face of senior stakeholder engagement, influence, and representation of IIN;
· engaging directly with IIN partners, financial institutions, the private sector, development finance institutions, development partners, government organisations and academia;
· ensuring effective promotion, awareness and understanding amongst the IIN team and key stakeholders of Nepal’s investment market;
· leading the team in the exploration and implementation of feasible options for addressing and mitigating identified challenges; and
· overseeing market systems analyses, development of sector strategies, investment case development, feasibility studies and intervention planning, ensuring these are aligned with the evolving Nepali context.
The Candidate: Background, Skills, and Aptitude
· University degree in Management, Business Administration, Finance, Economics or a related field.
· Strong track record of working in the areas of PE/VC investment, capital markets and/or financial services in emerging markets and ability to interact with senior professionals within development financial institutions and other investment firms with emerging market exposure, as well as with various stakeholders from the private sector, the public sector and civil society.
· Significant leadership experience in senior positions with a strong record of effectively leading and managing multidisciplinary teams.
. Excellent leadership, communication and relationship-building skills with the ability to present, write and discuss issues at a very high level.
· In depth understanding of the region’s political economy, investment landscape and economic development, with demonstrated broad stakeholder engagement experience.
· Solid analytical and critical thinking skills: ability to frame issues, identify key points, draw conclusions, and exercise good judgement.
· Ability to work independently and with initiative while managing a busy workload, delivering work within tight deadlines.
· Experience in reviewing and producing high quality written communications and investment material.
· Significant work experience in emerging markets, preferably in Nepal and/or Asia.
· High proficiency in English.
For further information about this role or to have an informal conversation with the IIN team, please contact BShrestha@investforimpactnepal.com