Chief Finance and Risk Officer, Early DAWN Microfinance Company
- Yangon, Myanmar
- Job Type
- Deadline for Applications
- Contact Information
About Early DAWN Microfinance Company (“DAWN”)
Early Dawn Microfinance (DAWN) is a leading microfinance institution in Myanmar serving the low income communities of Myanmar with high quality financial services. It currently serves almost 150,000 clients and is recognized as an innovative industry leader, backed by committed, mission aligned investors.
A profitable and rapidly expanding institution, DAWN is seeking a seasoned Chief Finance and Risk Officer to lead the institution’s finance and risk functions. Based in Yangon, the position will report to the CEO, serve on the senior management team, and include the following key responsibilities:
– As member of senior management, provide leadership role in defining and executing on long term strategy of institution
Department Head for Finance and Administration
– Department leadership: implement the best structure, team and policies and procedures required in the Finance Department and ensure that they are followed; coach and mentor staff
– Accounts: oversee the organization’s accounting function, including the implementation of accrual basis accounting and ensuring compliance with all local and IFRS accounting regulations
– Reporting: ensure timely production of ﬁnancial and other reports for management, directors, auditors, regulators, tax agencies; monitor financial performance.
– Budgets: develop and manage preparation of budgets (including capital budgets), business plans and financial plans to achieve organizational goals.
– Funding: play leadership role in seeking and securing necessary funding to fuel institution’s growth; manage funding requirements and liquidity.
– Cash management: ensure cost effective and efficient management of cash and funds.
– Procurement: establish and keep updated procurement policies and procedures; ensure that they implemented.
– Account systems: ensure reliability and integrity of financial management information systems; implement automation and simplification of budgeting, accounting, cash flow management and reporting procedures in head office; implement automation and simplification of processes in branches, in order to reduce paperwork, redundancies, duplication of data.
– Audit: liaise with internal and external auditors and ensure that their recommendations are implemented
– Relationship management: Coordinate relationships with investors, external funders, regulatory and governmental authorities, external auditors, and financial consultants
– Administration: oversee purchasing, lease agreement negotiation, facilities
Serve as Department Head for Risk
– Department set up: play leadership role in setting up risk department, including defining scope of risk management unit, defining roles and responsibilities
– Talent: help identify and fill gap for risk talent in organization
– Enterprise risk management framework: Consolidate a comprehensive risk management framework including enterprise level risk strategy or risk appetite consistent with the company’s strategy and business objectives
– Risk management models: ensure that sound risk management models and measurement methodologies of risk reporting and controls are in place for the quantification and evaluation of risks
– Carrying out any other duties as required in assigned areas.
– Education: Graduate in finance or accounting. Additional Accounting Credentials such as Certified Public Accountant and/or other higher accounting degree (ACCA) highly desirable.
– Minimum ten years of experience in finance field, with at least five in managerial positions in financial institutions. Experience in banking or MFIs in Myanmar / South East Asia highly desirable.
– Familiar with US GAAP, International Financial Reporting Standards (IFRS) and International Accounting Standards (IAS)
– Computer proficiency in accounting software and spreadsheets (Excel).
– Experience in business plans and long-term projections. Experience with Microfin (Operational Planning Model for MFIs) highly desirable.
Skills and abilities
– Trustworthy and reliable
– Strategic thinking, result oriented
– Strong communication, monitoring, planning and analytical skills
– Team player and able to work and lead a multidisciplinary / multicultural team
– Ability to work under pressure
To apply: https://jobs-accion.icims.com/jobs/1861/chief-finance-and-risk-officer%2c-early-dawn-microfinance-company/job?mobile=false&width=755&height=500&bga=true&needsRedirect=false&jan1offset=-300&jun1offset=-240