Chief Financial Officer
- Kampala, Uganda or East Africa Remote
- Job Type
- Deadline for Applications
- How to Apply
- Please submit your CV/resume and a short cover letter sharing more about yourself, your experience and why you are inspired to work with Numida to firstname.lastname@example.org with subject line: Chief Financial Officer Role.
- Where to Apply
Numida is looking for an experienced leader at the level of CFO who will help to lead their growth by establishing processes and systems that produce timely and accurate financial information that she or he will leverage to perform financial analyses that influence decision-making and ultimately drive measurable value. The CFO will be a member of the Senior Management Team and report to the CEO & Board of Directors. The role combines operations (managing accounting and financial control functions) and strategy (working with the Senior Management Team to establish a financial strategy for the profitable, long-term growth of the business). The role is reserved for someone who has 5+ years of experience in accounting, credit management and finance, including leadership and management experience in a financial institution.
Skills & Qualifications:
● University degree in Accounting, Commerce, or Business Management/Administration
● CPA, ACCA, CFA or MBA designation is strongly preferred
● Experience in a credit institution, including a strong understanding of loan accounting
● 5+ years of experience of progressive responsibility in accounting and finance, with at least 2 years of management experience (experience in a FinTech an asset)
● Knowledge and background in GAAP, including the presentation of GAAP-based financial reports
● Strong strategic, finance skill set evidenced by the ability to analyze business models, forecast financing needs, and raise capital at attractive rates
● Strong financial modeling, budgeting, valuation, financial analysis experience
● Ability to communicate complex financial information to finance professionals and non-specialists
● Experience with the consolidation of multiple foreign entities, with multi-currency accounting and complex intercompany transactions
● Familiarity with foreign exchange risks and mitigants
● Familiarity with capital markets strategies
See full Job Description for more information – https://drive.google.com/file/
Numida (https://numida.co) is a rapidly growing digital microfinance institution (MFI) in East Africa focused on serving micro- and small businesses (MSBs). Thanks to our proprietary technology and credit processes, we provide growth and working capital to verified MSBs, resulting in high portfolio yields and a high impact on our borrowers’ livelihoods.
Through the Numida mobile app, small business owners can apply for convenient and unsecured short-term business loans by digitally submitting evidence of business ownership and business activity. A proprietary due diligence process, combining machine validation and human review, allows a first lending decision to be made in less than 72 hours. The principal is disbursed digitally via mobile money. Our borrowers then begin reporting their daily financials (sales, expenses, stock purchases) while paying off their loan and tracking their next loan limit. Most subsequent loans are disbursed automatically.