Chief Operating Officer – Microfinance in India
- Developing World Markets
- Job Type
- Deadline for Applications
- Contact Information
Developing World Markets (DWM) is a USA-based socially responsible financial services group that primarily invests in inclusive finance institutions to promote economic and social development. For more information, see www.dwmarkets.com.
DWM is seeking a qualified candidate to fill the position of Chief Operating Officer (COO) in a microfinance in India. As a senior member of the executive team, the COO:
• Will manage the Company’s growth plans and achieve business objectives alongside the Chairman and Managing Director
• Will lead the development of new products & services for SMILE\’s target client segment to scale the business
• Will lead the existing team into new geographies and product categories (including housing finance, asset finance, small business lending)
• Will Implement strategies to reduce cost of operation and increase performance/productivity by leveraging technology and best practices in lending.
• Will lead & guide the team in bringing operational excellence in all spheres of the Company\’s activities.
• Will demonstrate sound knowledge of the best practices in the industry and regulatory guidelines
Desired Skills and Experience
• Banking, Microfinance or Housing Finance experience in a mid/large size MFI with multi‐state operations.
• Excellent financial, analytical, organizational, interpersonal and problem solving skills
• Strong ability to represent the Company with potential and actual Clients and Investors in private and public forums
• Excellent inter‐personal and communication skills
• Open to travel
• Proficient in English, Tamil & Hindi languages must (knowledge of other Indian languages will be an advantage)
• People‐oriented and results‐oriented
Interested candidates please submit a cover letter and resume via email to Gietha Murugiah at firstname.lastname@example.org