Chief Operations Officer
- Jacaranda Health
- Deadline for Applications
- Contact Information
- Interested candidates should submit a CV and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org. Unfortunately, due to the volume of applications received, we will be unable to confirm all submissions.
The COO will be responsible for managing operations in Kenya, and work directly with the Executive Director in the US, and in partnership with our Chief Medical Officer and experienced operating staff in Kenya. The COO will oversee Jacaranda’s Business Operations, Human Resources, Marketing and Finance groups – as well as drive key business strategy to grow the organization. S/he will be a key player in making Jacaranda a scalable business model and sector-leading organization.
Specifically, these responsibilities will include:
· Organizational leadership: As part of the Jacaranda Executive Team, guide the organization’s strategy and business model, and build a strong team capable of executing our goals at-scale.
· Mentorship and growth of our leadership team: Build a strategy to develop the senior management team – including mentorship and development of key leaders within the organization.
· Strategic planning, growth and expansion: Coordinate Jacaranda’s efforts to develop new service offerings, plan for growth, and establish strategic partnerships. Help evaluate investments for new clinics and scale-up models, and help bring new services to the market – while ensuring that revenues from existing clinics grow sustainably. Oversee staff and consultants in special projects and business unit expansions.
· Human resources and talent growth: Oversee Jacaranda’s talent strategy, including organizational structure planning, incentive structures, and infusing our HR operations with innovation and creativity.
· Strategic marketing: Ensure that: sales and marketing activities are aligned with the organization’s strategy and growth goals; business operations and services are adapting and evolving based on feedback from research and customers; and facilities are 100% patient-centered.
· Finance: Oversee the outputs of the Finance department to ensure profitability goals are met, excellent financial systems and controls are built, and forecasting and budgeting cycles are managed efficiently and effectively.
- 5+ years senior management experience; responsibility for managing business units and P+L
- Demonstrated high-degree of private sector know-how, including demonstrated strategic thought-leadership and know-how to drive and grow a business
- Excellent track-record for building organizational culture, leading teams, mentoring leaders
- Entrepreneurial mindset, and hands-on approach to getting things done – as comfortable speaking to clients for market insights as to government officials for major partnerships
- Robust and creative problem-solver
- Excellent analytical and financial skills
- Passion for improving the health of mothers and children in East Africa
- Willing to relocate to Nairobi for a minimum of 2 years
- Candidates with experience in healthcare service delivery, and/or in developing countries is preferred