Chief Operations Officer
- IDEAS (Institute for Development, Evaluation, Assistance & Solutions)
- Mexico, Central America, US or Canada
- Job Type
- part time; remote; contract
- Deadline for Applications
- How to Apply
- Please send an email explaining how your experience fulfills our requirements. Attach a CV and a professional writing sample to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please email questions. Please do not start the communications by a phone call or text.
- Where to Apply
We are seeking a bilingual professional (Spanish-English) with administrative experience. The Chief Operations Officer (COO) does fundraising (donations and impact investing), organizational development, and bookkeeping oversight. Supports and may have involvement in the creative programmatic activities of IDEAS. Part time with possibly of growth.
The Institute for Development, Evaluation, Assistance, and Solutions (IDEAS) is a creative international non-profit. We have worked on 4 continents during 45 years. IDEAS uses an entrepreneurial approach in community economic development. We have created 15 social enterprises and 5 inclusive financial institutions. We assist NGOs and for-profits a triple bottom line (financial sustainability, social change, and environmental improvement). IDEAS supports social enterprises and impact investing to achieve the Social Development Goals. Our services include consulting, training, teaching, and evaluation. We use many evaluation methodologies, including impact evaluation. https://ideasnet.org/ We facilitate lending to Central American entrepreneurs in Mexico. https://ideasnet.org/central-
The position: COO oversees administration and fundraises (donations, catalytic capital, and impact investments). Must be a self-starter, creative and entrepreneurial in selling our services. COO works on our programmatic work with Dr. Carter Garber, the IDEAS CEO www.linkedin.com/in/
• Must work at a professional level in both Spanish and English.
• Have a Masters, MBA or doctorate degree
• At least 7 years of administrative experience with entrepreneurial NGOs or for-profits
• At least 10 years of experience of working in developing countries and communities
• Demonstrated entrepreneurial experience as IDEAS creates and assists social enterprises
• Experience in selling services such as consulting, training, and evaluation
• Some experience of coordination of professionals like consultants in paid projects
• Excellent writing skills in both languages for reports to clients, articles, and publications
• Please do not apply if do not have these required qualifications or their equivalent
• Knowledge of our skills like evaluation, impact investment, and inclusive finance
• Work on some of the types of programmatic activities that are described on our website
• Experience with IRIS+ or other system of impact measurement and management
• QuickBooks experience for oversight of bookkeeping
• Experience with Software we use: WordPress, Mailchimp, YouTube, Microsoft Office
• Social media skills
Works flexible hours from own remote office in US, Mexico or Central America. The HQ is in Atlanta, Georgia, US but there is no expectation to work there.
For information on the job, see https://www.ideasnet.org/jobs/
If this position is not a possibility for you but you would like to join our team, you may apply to be an Associate Consultant: If you would like to be a Consultant, please send an email with CV to email@example.com. Info at https://ideasnet.org/get-involved/become-a-consultant/
Recruitment: We work in teams of persons from many countries. For 4 decades we have had a diverse team, composed mainly of women and minorities. Position open until filled. Planned start date about the end of October.