Chief of Party – Nigeria
- Digital Green
- Nigeria (Abuja or Lagos)
- Job Type
- Where to Apply
Digital Green is a global development organization that empowers smallholder farmers to lift themselves out of poverty by harnessing the collective power of technology and grassroots-level partnerships. We join forces with governments, private agencies and, most importantly, rural communities themselves to co-create digital solutions that are of the community and for the community. When farmers have the tools they need to connect with one another, they’re far more likely to apply what they’ve learned on their farms and in their households – improving their own livelihoods and those of others in their community, in a manner that’s nutrition-sensitive, climate-resilient, and inclusive.
Digital Green is currently recruiting for an anticipated USAID program in Nigeria focused on increasing the capacity of public and private sector extension, improving agricultural input delivery, and leveraging low cost ICT solutions.
Candidates for this position should be senior-level professionals with a proven track record of successfully implementing and managing USAID agriculture projects. The Chief of Party will be responsible for oversight of the entire project, and will be required to work with various stakeholders, including high level government and USAID officials.
Responsibilities and Duties
– Set the project vision and leads by example;
– Align project work with Digital Green strategy and organizational goals;
– Maintain coherence between project interventions and recommendations of the project advisory committee;
– Represent Digital Green and the project at all meetings, conferences and other opportunities conducive to publicizing, promoting and marketing the impact of the project; and
– Create and maintain good working relationships with USAID, government and other key stakeholders.
Programmatic and Technical
– Set strategic and technical direction for the project, ensuring consistency between the different components and compliance with the approach of the project.
– Initiate and organize project management committee meetings at least twice a year, as well as project advisory committee meetings at least twice a year.
– Ensure all project activities are in line with policies and regulations of local/national authorities, USAID and Digital Green.
– Provide supervision, support, and direction to long- and short-term staff to achieve the results of the project.
– Review and approve all project deliverables and documents.
– Monitor project indicators in accordance with the Monitoring, Evaluation and Learning Plan, evaluate program results and take necessary corrective actions whenever needed.
– Supervise completion of timely and high-quality work plans, progress reports and financial reports.
– Prepare and lead major project interventions (backstopping, evaluation, etc.).
– Participate in regular field visits to the project areas to assure project progress towards activity objectives and goals.
Communication and Outreach
– Oversee the Communications strategy of the project.
– Supervise the Communications Specialist and guide him/her on topics to be highlighted through success stories, case studies, fact sheets and other outreach materials.
– Review and approve all Public Relations materials.
– Establish, maintain and strengthen relationships with Digital Green colleagues involved in other relevant projects, USAID, government stakeholders, private sector, implementing partners and media partners.
– Facilitate the internal communication and sharing of experiences among staff, including with project partners.
– Represent the project at all relevant public events.
Financial, Human Resources and Administrative
– Oversee and be responsible for financial, human resources and administrative aspects of the project.
– Hire, train and retain local team.
– Ensure all activities are conducted within the scope of the project budget.
– Manage staff responsible for financial management of the project and subaward management, as applicable.
Skills & Qualifications
– Advanced degree in international development, business, economics, or related field of study or equivalent work experience required;
– Ten (10) years or more of progressively responsible international work experience implementing multi-sector development programs with demonstrated strong management and coordinating skills;
– At least five (5) years of management experience, including direct supervision of professional and support staff and assembling teams working on multi-faceted international development programs;
– At least five (5) years of experience in the agriculture and food security sector on USAID projects;
– Experience with managing projects that have set up input delivery systems and/or extension systems; working both with government and private sector actors;
– Experience leveraging information and communication technologies in the development sector;
– Demonstrated excellent communications and writing abilities and superior interpersonal and cross-cultural communication skills;
– Strong leadership and coaching skills, with experience developing and empowering teams;
– Excellence in fostering a safe and trusting environment within their team;
– Extensive knowledge of USAID administrative and procurement practices;
– Fluent in English
Use the following link to apply: http://digitalgreen.applytojob.com/apply/Mr5NclSkKg