Chief Relationship Officer
- Pro Mujer, International
- Deadline for Applications
- Where to Apply
- Sandra Arita
Pro Mujer is a leading women’s development organization and a mission-driven social enterprise that harnesses the power of innovation to drive transformative, sustainable ideas to scale. Pro Mujer empowers women to realize their full potential and delivers vital services that help women lift themselves out of the constant crisis of scarcity, run successful businesses, invest in their own wellbeing, and uplift their families and communities. Pro Mujer serves more than 250,000 women in Argentina, Bolivia, Mexico, Nicaragua, and Peru.
Over the past 25 years, Pro Mujer has disbursed more than US$1 billion in small loans and provided business and empowerment training, and preventative, primary, and reproductive health care to nearly two million women, transforming their lives and those of their seven million children and family members. Pro Mujer’s mandate for the next 10 years is to become a large-scale, sustainable enterprise that delivers relevant and transformative resources and tools to women in Latin America through their full life cycle.
Pro Mujer employs 2,000 dedicated people across Latin America and the US.
CHIEF RELATIONSHIP OFFICER
The Chief Relationship Officer (CRO) will report to the CEO. The primary goal of the position is to oversee the relationship management and generation of investment and philanthropic funds. With a focus on building a robust capital sourcing program, S/he will help support Pro Mujer’s strategic initiatives and ongoing programs by fulfilling the organization’s capital needs. The CRO will play a key role as Pro Mujer becomes a large-scale platform that aggregates both for-profit and non-profit impactful solutions.
This newly created position will report directly to the CEO and provides general oversight of all of the organization’s funding and development activities, manages the day to-day operations of the development function, and monitors adequacy of activities through coordination with staff, appropriate committees, and board of directors. The CRO will manage a diverse global team of professionals responsible for relations with investors and donors.
S/he must be able to build investor and donor relationships across multiple generations, from millennials to long-term philanthropists, and to oversee donor development activities including major gifts, foundation giving, planned giving, corporate giving and outright/restricted gifts. The CRO must be able to connect, build trust, and inspire investors and donors to view their investments as economic expressions of their values.
The ideal candidate will be a proactive, strategic thinker and problem-solver.
The CRO must build and cultivate meaningful and mutually beneficial relationships based on trust on behalf of Pro Mujer (PM). The candidate will bring new insights into working with potential partners, impact investors, Development Finance Institutions, corporate foundations, family foundations, family offices and wealth advisors that represent clients who seek to better align their investing with their values.
The CRO must develop and implement successful funding mechanisms and promising emerging sources of investment and philanthropic capital in support of the Pro Mujer mission. Working with the PM executive leadership team and the Development Committee of the Board, the CRO will help develop an innovative strategic and tactical plan to generate capital from existing and untapped sources.
The CRO will design and assure implementation of cost-effective fund development programs and financing alternatives, maintaining an acceptable level of quality and solid return on investment.
• Creates Pro Mujer’s investor and development fundraising strategy to support programs and projects.
• Monitors the annual financial investment and philanthropic fundraising plans and addresses gaps as they arise.
• Liaise with CEO and CFO for financial strategy and planning, including budgeting, financial projections and financing alternatives for proposed investments and acquisitions.
• Oversees the development of grant funding opportunities and relationship building with foundations and corporate donors:
-Ensures outstanding grant proposal preparation and submissions.
– Fosters and stewards relationships with foundations, corporate and major donors and prospects; organizes donor cultivation activities, including campaigns, internet and social-media outreach, and other fundraising events.
-Works directly with the CEO, Board Members and Development team on the identification, strategy, cultivation and solicitation of prospects and donors.
-Develops planned giving opportunities and collaborates on communication materials.
• Responsible for business development and investor relationship building:
-Supports negotiations with institutional lenders and impact investors.
-Works as part of a team to review and develop investment decisions, including performing detailed qualitative and quantitative analysis and preparing written investment recommendations.
-Supports our business development in the region.
-Builds and maintain strong and productive relationships with clients, co-investors and partners.
-Scans the broader private equity and impact marketplaces for potential investors.
-Supports due diligence enquires, fundraising roadshows, communication and KYC assessments on investors.
• Leads a team of global investor and donor relations development staff.
• Supervises management of our CRM system and partners’ portal.
• Attends executive, Board and committee meetings as necessary.
• A passion for Pro Mujer’s mission.
• Proven track-record building relationships and a strong network in Latin America and abroad; Social finance and impact investing network a plus.
• Seven or more years of senior level management and leadership experience in fundraising and capital development expertise. Venture capital and private equity investment experience a plus.
• Degree in business administration, public administration, finance, economics, or a MBA is highly desirable.
• Familiarity with a wide variety of hybrid financing resources, including philanthropic capital, debt, equity and guarantees, etc.
• Competency with budget management. Financial analysis forecasting, financial systems and fund design a plus.
• Spanish and English fluency required.
• Experience working with donor databases. Salesforce experience a plus.
• A flexible management and communications style. Able to lead and adapt to change quickly and deal with diverse groups.
To apply, please submit to HR@PROMUJER.org your resume and a cover letter that outlines your suitability for the role, salary expectations and the name of the site where you heard about the position.