CI Content Coordinator, Junior Editor
- Paris, France
- Contact Information
At Sparknews, we believe that changing the world starts by changing the way we talk about it. To achieve this, we identify the most inspiring positive initiatives worldwide and share them with a wide network to amplify their impact and accelerate our transition towards a more sustainable world.
> What we do
1. SOURCING and qualifying impactful initiatives via various networks and calls for projects. We currently have more than 4,000 projects from all over the world in our database.
2. SHARING these solutions during conferences and forums and with the widest audience possible via large scale media operations, including:
Impact Journalism Day, with 50+ leading media in 50+ countries that publish supplements on the same day, together reaching over 100 million readers.
Solutions&Co, with 20+ business newspapers worldwide. In 2016, it was about smart cities, in 2017 we were focusing on circular economy.
3. CREATING RELEVANT ECOSYSTEMS where we connect influencers, experts, business executives, policymakers, artists, social entrepreneurs and top journalists to build powerful communities.
We are currently recruiting a dynamic, agile individual, passionate about new forms of journalistic storytelling and solutions journalism approaches. The Content Coordinator, Editor will be in charge of ensuring the quality of the content for our editorial operations, in partnership with media across the world, write additional journalistic content as well as take part in our external communication and help us grasp the latest trends in journalistic approaches.
> What you will do
1/ ENSURE THE QUALITY OF OUR EDITORIAL OPERATIONS/CONTENT (70% of your time):
– Oversee the coordination of editorial content for media operations (processing articles received, keeping documents up to date, coordinating freelance editors/translators)
– Proofreading and editing of material for media operations in English and possibly in French
– Discuss and suggest editorial angles for featured projects
– Participate in designing and writing new written content for media operations
– Follow new media trends and journalistic storytelling
2/ CONTRIBUTE TO THE DEVELOPMENT OF SPARKNEWS (30% of your time):
– Assist the communication team in designing and writing on and offline content
– Help create targeted newsletters
– Native/bilingual speaker of English and French
– Strong writing and editorial skills
– Passionate about journalism in general and constructive journalism more specifically
– Comfortable with a great amount of intercultural communication
– Able to work with an agile mind-set in an evolving, start-up environment
– Fun to work with!
Degree in journalism, communication or any relevant fields
Experience in journalism, ideally in a bilingual environment or in English.
Experience researching and writing
A good knowledge of the media.
Location: Based in Paris (9ème arrondissement)
Starting date: March/April 2018
Contract type: CDI
> How to apply
Please send your resume and cover letter to Audrey Jacquet : email@example.com