- Job Type
- Deadline for Applications
- How to Apply
- Interested candidates should send a resume and cover letter to Citizenship@kkr.com. References will be required.
- Where to Apply
KKR is seeking a coordinator to join the KKR Public Affairs team on a six month contract to help support our Citizenship efforts. This role is a full-time contract role, flexible in location for the contract period and would report to the Head of Global Citizenship.
KKR Citizenship aims to empower our employees, portfolio companies, and Firm to help create healthier, more resilient communities. In light of the COVID-19 crisis, KKR has launched a $50 million Relief Fund to support those most impacted by the crisis and the resulting economic dislocation. This role would be central to the team implementing the strategy and programs related to this capital. To learn more visit https://kkresg.com/communities
A successful candidate will be an excellent project manager, strong writer, and great team player. The candidate will ideally have at least three to five years of experience with a background in CSR, community relations, impact investing, operations for a foundation or family office, or nonprofit management.
RESPONSIBILITIES MAY INCLUDE
Responsibilities related to the Relief Fund allocation and grant process
• Manage the grant application process for prospective non-profits, working closely with multiple stakeholders to manage inbound requests, assess opportunities, track selections, and disseminate funds
• Work with KKR’s non-profit partners on ongoing needs and annual reporting requirements
• Manage the flow of information and documentation between our global and local strategies
• Support relationships and partnerships with vendors, partners, and employees to ensure seamless communication and strong, effective experiences
Responsibilities related to supporting KKR employees in their communities
• Support employee engagement opportunities in our Citizenship efforts; this includes programs focused on volunteerism, board service, matching gifts, and technical assistance
• Manage our matching gifts platform and partners to ensure excellent employee experiences
• Track employee engagement and create strategies for increased involvement including events and special projects
• Support office level and team specific community requests with research, recommendations and facilitation where needed
Responsibilities related to communications and reporting
• Support the writing, editing and execution of a range of communications including company wide emails, powerpoint decks, one-pagers, program guidelines and reports
• Assist in the impact and performance reporting for the Relief Fund, including both qualitative and quantitative content for both public and internal use
• Contribute to KKR’s communication channels (online and in print) by preparing content relating to Citizenship efforts and annual updates
CRITICAL COMPETENCIES FOR SUCCESS
• Strong, proven project management skills
• Excellent writing and communication skills
• Experience working on CSR/social impact issues
• Ability to facilitate projects across a broad range of internal and external stakeholders
• Strong understanding of the social impact landscape, including relevant frameworks, networks, sources and trends
• Trustworthy and accountable
• Quick learner with clear intellectual curiosity and self-motivation
• Proven ability to manage demands of multiple teams and projects in a fast-paced work environment, including ability to prioritize time efficiently and handle heavy workloads while remaining attentive to detail
• Aptitude for critical and creative thinking across the quantitative and qualitative spectrum
• Meticulous organization skills
• Strong design skills and mastery of PowerPoint and other programs
• Maturity, presence, sound judgment, and ability to form and express opinions effectively
Interested candidates should send a resume and cover letter to Citizenship@kkr.com. References will be required. This position has an ideal start date of late September or early October.
KKR is an equal employment opportunity employer, and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, marital status, age, disability, national origin, citizenship, or any other protected characteristic. KKR is committed to diversity in its most inclusive sense.