Co-Curricular Teaching Fellow
- KAARMIC Education Services Private Limited
- Job Type
- Deadline for Applications
- Where to Apply
ABOUT THE ROLE:
Co-curricular Teaching Fellowship pilot in collaboration with Telangana Social Welfare Residential Educational Institutions Society, is a pilot to be executed during the 2016 academic year for duration of 2 Months across 2 locations within 100 Kms of Hyderabad City – Jadcherla & Kammadanam. The Fellows are Independent workers trained and guided by our Core team, while being supervised by the School Principal to help grasp the priorities of their students and school. Fellows are responsible for the overall Personality Development and English Language learning of the school’s students.
They are the ones who are expected to set the culture of learning, the ones who are expected to motivate the Students to give their best daily, and more importantly, the ones who carry the burden of responsibility towards these kids and their future. We are looking for someone who can be decisive, diplomatic, grounded, focused, empathetic and passionate, all at the same time. We need a Leader who can help us make more Leaders. This role is fun, exciting, super challenging, memorable and can change a person forever.
1. Main Role 1: Conduct 4 Experiential Learning Skills Classes per week day (Grades 7 & 8). Content provided to the fellows will cover Conversational English, Personality Development, Leadership and Soft Skills. However, the fellow has the freedom to experiment with their own content if its meets the objectives of the project.
2. Main Role 2: The fellows run Focus Group Training and Discussions for the School Councils on Monday,Wednesday and Friday (5-7 PM) to organize Saturday Competition & Conduct Design Thinking to solve 1 Student Problem per week.
3. Main Role 3: Conduct Focus Group training and discussion on Tuesday and Thursday for Students with a focus on any of the Following: Journalism Club, English Club, Super Student Training, Fellow’s Choice (Sports, Music, Technology etc.), Facilitator Training, teacher Development etc..
4. Output 1: Plan, Execute and Manage the Literary competitions for every Saturday with the support of the Student Council.
5. Output 2: Conduct Leadership training and mentoring for the Student Council.
6. Output 3: Assist and support the Student Council in starting new initiatives through design.
7. Responsibility 1: Weekly Reporting and Documentation of the progress to the Core Team.
8. Responsibility 2: Responsible for identifying and flagging all issues concerning student learning.
9. Responsibility 3: Motivate and Energize the Kids daily to drive performance and learning.
10. Responsibility 4: Execute the specified Impact Assessment Activities as directed by the Core Team.
11. Outcome 1: Overall improvement in Conversational English of Students.
12. Outcome 2: Overall Improvement in Soft Skills & Personality of the Students.
13. Outcome 3: Create sustainable structure for School Council to solve problems for students independently as a body in collaboration with the Management.
14. Outcome 4: Provide 3rd party view to the student and school management needs and focus areas.
1. Compile all data & insights acquired during the Fellowship to make a report.
2. Work remotely to help compile the final Impact Assessment Report.
3. Drive the final review meeting with the Institution to help them figure out the insights and next action steps for their students.
Duration: 2 Months
Start date: Nov 1, 2016
End Date: Dec 25, 2016
1. High English Proficiency and Public Speaking Ability Required.
2. Previous Teaching and Leadership Experience Required.
3. Previous Event Management Experience Preferred.
4. Previous Experience in Education or Social Enterprise Field Preferred.
5. Demonstrated ability to work in cross-cultural settings.
6. Ability to successfully interact with all levels of management.
7. Demonstrated ability to prioritize when faced with a myriad of tasks Strong in documentation and reporting.
8. Proficiency in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
BENEFITS & COMPENSATION:
This is a paid contracted role with complete Housing and Food provided by the placement at the school location itself. Stipend: INR 30,000/- per month.
NOTE: Relocation/Transport expenses will not be reimbursed.