Commercial Team Fellow
- BURN Manufacturing
- Nairobi, Kenya
- Job Type
- Deadline for Applications
- How to Apply
- To apply please send a motivated cover letter and CV to firstname.lastname@example.org with “Commercial Team Fellow Application” in the subject line.
- Where to Apply
Based in Ruiru, Kenya, BURN Manufacturing designs, produces and distributes Kenya’s bestselling, most durable and economical charcoal and wood cookstoves that also dramatically reduce harmful smoke emission.
Not only do we sell the world’s most fuel-efficient charcoal and wood household stoves, but BURN is also the only Jiko company which manufactures all its products in sub-Saharan Africa’s only state-of-the-art clean cookstove manufacturing facility. We are extremely proud to employ 225 team members throughout Kenya and support a workforce which is 60 percent female, thus empowering women in roles traditionally considered to be “for men only.”
Since 2013, BURN has sold more than 500,000+ Jikokoa ™ stoves in East Africa. These stoves have helped 3,000,000 beneficiaries save $151 million in fuel expenditures and 2.6 million tons of wood while reducing indoor air pollution by 65%. BURN currently sells ~15,000 stoves per month and are on track to double sales over the next 12 months.
We are looking for a Fellow to help build the capacity of our Commercial Team. This person needs to be dynamic and have a real can-do attitude. He/she will be a key member of the Commercial Team and will work closely with the Kenya Commercial Director (KCD). The Fellow will gain valuable skills to further their career by contributing in the following ways
• Develop, along with the KCD, systems and processes for the Commercial Team to run more efficiently and scale
• Work closely with the Sales Executives and support the development of existing distribution channels
• Manage a range of “Special Projects” within the Commercial Team
• Support the Commercial Team with new product launches
• Design and implement systems and processes around Business Intelligence
• Improve the sales dashboard and warranty registration dashboards
• Design other dashboards as per the needs of the department
• Assist the KCD, Sales Executives and other members of the team with data analytic work activities
• Support the KCD with operations and administrative work.
• Knowledge of the sales and marketing fields (E)
• Excellent communication skills in both written and spoken English (E)
• Strong analysis/number-crunching background (E)
• Strategic thinking – experience developing strategy and/or business plans (E)
• Process oriented – experience developing processes and systems (E)
• Strong experience with Microsoft Excel, and preferably Power BI (E)
• Excellent graphical presentation skills (E)
• Enthusiastic, creative and a desire to ‘sell for good’ (E)
• Consumer product experience (durable goods ideal) (D)
• Previous experience in strategic/management consulting (D)
• Preference will be given to MBA students/recent graduates and candidates with East African experience (D)
This is a six to twelve month fellowship in Ruiru (just outside Nairobi), Kenya to begin in July 2020. Fellows receive a stipend of $1,200 per month and housing in a company house in Nairobi. BURN will provide one round trip flight at the beginning and end of the fellowship.
To apply, please email your CV and cover letter to email@example.com with the subject heading “Commercial Team Fellow Application”.