- Doreo Partners
- Deadline for Applications
- Contact Information
- All interested candidates send resume and cover letter to email@example.com. Subject line: Communication Lead
Doreo Partners is hiring a Communication Lead who will lead both internal and external communication aimed at promoting the work of Doreo Partners and its portfolio companies.
About the company:
Doreo Partners is an impact investment firm with a proven track record of exclusively investing in profitable, high growth, early stage businesses that improve the livelihoods of Nigerian smallholder farmers. Doreo’s investment strategy is driven by the team’s passion to provide a private sector driven solution to Nigeria’s leading social challenge: spiraling youth unemployment.
ABOUT THE POSITION
· Reports to the Managing Director
· Location: Lagos Nigeria
· Suggested start date: Immediately
- Develop communications plan including strategy, goals, budget and tactics
- Develop media relations strategy, seeking high-level placements in print, broadcast and online media
- Prepare and supervise the production of publicity bulletins, brochures, handouts, direct mail leaflets, promotional videos, photographs, films and multimedia programmes
- Manage and update information and engage with users on social media sites such as Twitter and Facebook
- Researching, writing and distributing press releases to targeted media
- Leverage existing media relationships and cultivate new contacts within business and industry media
- Sourcing and managing speaking and sponsorship opportunities
- Manage media inquiries and interview requests
- Create content for press releases, byline articles and keynote presentations
- Monitor, analyze and communicate PR results on a quarterly basis
- Evaluate opportunities for partnerships, sponsorships and advertising on an on-going basis
- Build relationships with thought leaders to grow industry awareness
- Maintain a keen understanding of industry trends affecting clients and make appropriate recommendations regarding communication strategy surrounding them
- Liaising with colleagues and key spokespeople
- Vetting and updating information on the organization’s website
- Other duties within the organization such as hosting visitors etc
QUALIFICATIONS & CHARACTERISTICS
- Strong written communication skills – written and oral
- Proven working experience in Communication/ Community and Public relations required
- Proven track record of designing and executing successful public relations campaigns at both a local and international level
- Strong relationships with both local and international business and industry media outlets
- Experience in acting as a company spokesperson; comfortable and skilled in both broadcast and print media interviews
- Exceptional writing and editing skills
- Solid experience with social media including blogs, Facebook, Twitter, etc.
- BA/MA degree in Marketing, Advertising, Communications or a related discipline
- Ability to multitask and meet tight deadlines
COMPENSATION AND BENEFITS
Salary and benefits are competitive, commensurate with experience.
Nigerian citizens have the opportunity to jointly work full time and fulfill their National Youth Service Corp (NYSC) requirement.