Communications and Operations Temporary Employee
- Cambridge, MA, United States
- Job Type
- Deadline for Applications
- Contact Information
Through its Investing in Inclusive Finance (IIF) team, the Center for Financial Inclusion at Accion (CFI) focuses on fostering responsible investment and strengthening governance and risk management capacity among social impact investors, CEOs and board members of financial inclusion institutions. The IIF team works on addressing these challenges through community building within the financial inclusion industry. This dynamic team coordinates the Africa Board Fellowship Program (ABF), the Financial Inclusion Equity Council (FIEC) and the Middle East and North Africa (MENA) governance and leadership program. ABF is a regional fellowship that connects board members and CEOs through peer learning and exchange. The program focuses on establishing best risk management practices, improving digital and client centricity strategies and building strategic leadership abilities in order to strengthen the governance of financial institutions serving low-income clients in sub-Saharan Africa. IIF also provides leadership to the industry-wide FIEC and produces numerous publications on governance and risk, and organizes frequent peer learning forums. Through the efforts of this program area the IIF works directly with impact investors to develop consensus on practices that contribute to a robust, healthy, and socially beneficial industry. Finally, IIF is in the midst of launching an improved governance and leadership program, based off of the ABF, among the MENA microfinance institutions.
Key Areas of Responsibility:
COMMUNCATIONS: Develop and implement a digital and social media strategy; support the program’s interactive web platform (develop web content and backstop pages); oversee the program’s Youtube and Flickr pages; update discussion forums, and status updates to identify trending topics and new content; track and respond to questions, queries and comments; coordinate newsletters, write blogs, and dissemination of promotional materials.
EVENTS: Support the planning and execution of events: assist in scoping, planning and publicizing events (both live and virtual) in coordination with the program coordinator and technical support team; support monitoring and evaluation analysis, interpretation and reporting.
OPERATIONS: Manage implementation of team project management tools; coordinate and track existing and new contracts for fellowship; support monitoring and evaluation data collection and use it to identify needed program improvement.
CFI GENERAL: On an as-needed and as-available basis, support other CFI projects with communications, administration tasks and desk research.
• Bachelor’s Degree or minimum of 1-3 years of office experience required.
• Demonstrated event planning and project management skills.
• Proficient in MS Office Suite (Excel, Word, PPT and Outlook).
• Experience with web platforms strongly preferred
• Proven ability to work effectively both independently and as part of a team.
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills;
• Ability to work in a constantly changing environment.
• Excellent at multi-tasking with a positive, can-do attitude.
• Knowledge in the area of financial inclusion, particularly related to investment funds, corporate governance, or risk is a plus.
• English fluency required; French, Arabic or other second language fluency is a plus.
• Prior experience in Africa a plus.
• Willingness to embody our values of excellence, respect and passion for social change.
Please apply online at https://jobs-accion.icims.com/jobs/1776/communications-and-operations-temporary-employee/job