- Fort Collins, CO
- Job Type
- Deadline for Applications
- How to Apply
- Send Resume, Cover Letter and one professional writing sample
- Where to Apply
FishChoice seeks a creative, proactive, and motivated Communications Coordinator to help implement communications strategies across various media platforms to engage FishChoice’s audiences.
Duties for the Communications Coordinator will include developing content for various digital marketing materials, monitoring social media activities, coordinating communications projects, tracking campaign progress, and handling general day-to-day communications activities. The ideal candidate will have a knack for storytelling, excellent writing and communications skills, deep working knowledge of current digital marketing best practices, and a passion for sustainable seafood.
The Communications Coordinator will report directly to the Communications Manager and help ensure that FishChoice communications and community engagement run smoothly. This position is new for FishChoice and is an excellent opportunity for someone interested in expanding their knowledge and experience in the areas of communications, marketing, and/or seafood sustainability.
FishChoice’s personality is innovative, accessible, trustworthy, and fun. If you’re interested in joining a team of curious collaborators who are inspired by protecting the ocean, please read on.
The following reflect the major areas of responsibility for this position. Tasks include, but are not limited to the duties outlined below.
* Assist the Communications Manager in managing the editorial calendar for our two newsletters—the monthly FishChoice Current newsletter and quarterly FisheryProgress newsletter—working with the FishChoice.com and FisheryProgress teams to plan content
* Lead the preparation and sending of newsletters, including writing content with input and direction from project team members, tracking open-rates, and managing recipient lists in MailChimp
*Coordinate the setting up/send off for periodic one-off mailings sent through MailChimp for both FishChoice.com and FisheryProgress
* Share responsibility for the management of FishChoice social media channels, with regular updating to keep consistent with branding and messaging
* Coordinate social media activities, including contributing content ideas, drafting and publishing content, helping develop graphics, and engaging with followers
* Track and analyze campaign data to help assess progress toward reaching strategic goals, increase audience engagement, and find unique ways to engage followers that advance organizational needs
* Assist with implementing focused campaigns or launches
* Help prepare monthly updates on communication activities for team and senior staff meetings
*Join project team calls to identify communication opportunities to be added to the organization communications calendar
* Proofread website and other external content
* Media tracking and press list management
* Draft one-pagers or other materials as needed
* Stay up to date with the latest technology and digital media best practices, and bring innovative ideas to the team for consideration
We’re looking for team members who have:
* A high level of organization and time management skills.
* Proven experience handling competing and/or tight deadlines, and coordinating processes with teams, i.e. working with editorial calendars and gathering newsletter content.
* Strong copywriting skills and the ability to maintain an editorial voice for FishChoice and develop targeted content that varies by platform.
* Ability to identify engaging elements of written, visual, and/or video content, and concisely convey the value of FishChoice products to our social audiences.
* Understand how to collaborate with a variety of different people and roles, both internally and externally.
* Convey a growth mindset and can learn from setbacks.
Work independently and with remote teammates while still meeting deadlines.
*Ability to laugh with a bunch of silly people.
Experience, qualifications, and requirements:
* A minimum of 2-3 years experience working in marketing or communications.
* A combination of relevant work experience and education to successfully perform the core responsibilities of the position.
* Proficiency in:
– GSuite, Slack, Zoom, Trello (training will be provided, as needed)
– Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, LinkedIn, and YouTube
– Hootsuite or other social media management/monitoring tools
– Mailchimp or other email marketing software
– Canva (or other design software, Adobe Creative Suite and basic HTML a plus)
* Experience creating compelling, engaging, and ROI-driven digital content.
* Experience building social media channels and executing social media strategy for maximum engagement.
* Experience working in the seafood or environmental space.
The Communications Coordinator can be based anywhere in the United States. FishChoice has team members in CA, DC, CO, IL, ME, and OR. To support collaboration, the Communications Coordinator must be available to work at least 3 hours that overlap with the Communications Manager.
This is a full-time position with an annual salary range of $60,000 – $65,000. Our offer to the selected candidate will consider relevant experience and competencies.
At FishChoice, we value our individual team members as whole humans with interests and commitments beyond their professional lives. As such, our benefits program includes:
* FishChoice offers three comprehensive insurance options and a monthly budget towards premiums for employees. Employees may add dependents and have monthly premiums deducted from their paycheck.
* Fully paid dental and vision insurance for employees.
* A 401(k) plan with an up to 4% employer match.
* Unlimited PTO plus paid holidays and a winter break.
* Employer-paid life and accidental death & dismemberment insurance.
* An annual professional development budget.
* Monthly reimbursements for wellness and remote office expenses.
* Schedule flexibility, with set availability for certain meetings and deliverables.