- Village Capital
- Deadline for Applications
- Contact Information
- To apply, please send a cover letter, writing sample and one-page CV to email@example.com
Interested in social impact and entrepreneurship? Want to hone your writing and communications skills in a fast-paced, impactful environment?
Village Capital is seeking an enthusiastic, organized and creative communications intern for the Spring 2016 semester. The intern will support the work of Village Capital’s communications department by implementing core elements of our strategic communications plan and producing outstanding written content. By helping us tell the tremendous stories of our incredible entrepreneurs — and the customers they serve — you will help introduce Village Capital to a global audience, including new entrepreneurs and partners.
About Village Capital
Village Capital sources, trains and invests in early-stage entrepreneurs solving major problems in society through business solutions in the US and emerging markets. Village Capital puts the power of investment in the hands of the entrepreneurs with an award-winning peer-selected investment model. Read more here:http://www.vilcap.com/.
The communications intern will report to the Communications Associate and also work closely with Village Capital senior leadership and team members on three continents. Roles will include:
· Develop content for Village Capital’s social media and analyze trends to determine which content performs best
· Write press releases and pitch reporters for public events in the US, Mexico, India and Kenya
· Write content for the Village Capital blog Medium page
· Assist in a full redesign of the Village Capital website, including strategic design thinking and content development
– Excellent written, oral and interpersonal communication skills
– Firm grasp of available tools and platforms in the social media space
– Ability to communicate in a professional manner with press and community contacts
– Self-motivated, good organizational skills, detail-oriented, ability to prioritize, multi-task and meet deadlines
– Enthusiasm for the mission of Village Capital
– Strong attention to detail
– Graphic design skills are a plus
To apply, please send a cover letter, writing sample and one-page CV to firstname.lastname@example.org. The application deadline is Friday, January 15. Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis, so please apply early.
Options are available for course credit or a stipend of $1,000/month.