Communications Manager (5-month temporary contract)
- All Out
- Deadline for Applications
- Contact Information
- We are an equal opportunity employer and do not discriminate on the basis of race, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, or any other. We strongly encourage applications from people of color, trans people, and gender nonconforming people.Application deadline:October 4, 2015. Applications submitted after the deadline will not be considered.To apply, please submit a cover letter, resume and application at the following link:https://allout.org/en/jobs/#op-81759-communications-manager-4month-temporary-contract
Who we are:
All Out is mobilizing millions of people and their social networks to build a powerful global movement for love and equality. Our mission is to build a world where no person will have to sacrifice family or freedom, safety or dignity, because of who they are or who they love.
We petition world leaders and global organizations and use creative campaigning tactics – online and offline – to capture the attention of the global media around the fight for equality. By mobilizing millions of people around the world at key moments of crisis and opportunity, All Out is shifting policy and cultural norms. We are bringing people power to the movement for equality at an unprecedented rate – 2.2 million strong and growing.
Who we are hiring:
We are recruiting for a temporary Communications Manager. This position will manage our communication projects, from developing creative work (design, video) to supporting our social media outreach by curating shareable content.
We are looking for a candidate with robust online communications experience to join a team of smart, skilled, and quick-witted campaigners. We are looking for someone who is excited to take strategic risks, act boldly, and creatively engage with our campaigns.
This is a full-time short-term position (40 hours/week, from mid-October 2015 to mid-March 2016). Note that the position may be renewed beyond March.
The location for this position is negotiable.
With these essential interests and skills:
Solid creative and design skills. Adobe InDesign, Illustrator, Photoshop and Premiere skills are highly desirable.
Familiarity with all aspects of social media. Experience in a variety of social media channels and activities – such as community management and stats analysis – is highly desirable.
Ability to work independently and deliver to deadlines in a high-pressure environment, where plans change and projects compete. Very high attention to detail and great communication skills.
Commitment to All Out's mission
A demonstrated professional or academic interest in LGBT issues, human rights, online organizing, or other areas relevant to our mission.
Qualified candidates must have:
– Experience with digital communications and/or traditional communications work.
– A great gut-instinct for campaign strategy, with the ability to innovate on current tactics to catalyze change and push team members to think creatively.
– Fluency in verbal and written English and at least one additional language (specifically French, German, Italian, Portuguese or Spanish). Additional language skills are a plus.
– Excellent written and oral communication skills.
– Ability to operate in a high-paced global environment, with experience working in a dispersed international team.
– An entrepreneurial, self-motivated, organized, and deadline-obsessed attitude.
– A commitment to strengthening the voice of LGBT people as a path toward progressive change.
– A great sense of humor
Pay and benefits are highly competitive and based on experience.