Communications Senior Associate
- Global Impact Investing Network (GIIN)
- New York, NY
- Job Type
- Deadline for Applications
- Where to Apply
*ABOUT THE POSITION:*
The Global Impact Investing Network (GIIN) is looking to hire a Communications Senior Associate to support the communications and outreach efforts across all programs and activities of this fast-paced, growing organization. The ideal candidate for the role must have strong multitasking skills, superb writing, editing experience, an interest in both traditional and social media, and a deep conviction that communications are instrumental in the success of new ideas. The Communications Senior Associate will report to the Director of Communications.
* Write and/or edit GIIN communications and marketing materials, including opinion columns for GIIN Directors, speeches, articles, e-newsletter items, press releases, talking points for GIIN spokespeople, website copy, and tweets for both select industry stakeholder and broader public audiences, to increase the visibility of impact investing and the GIIN’s role in the industry’s growth
* Develop and monitor segmented messaging to specific key audiences, for relevance and consistency with overall messaging
* Provide feedback and support to teams on the framing and messaging of their presentations, to ensure clear, powerful communications.
* Develop and project manage media and other campaigns; cultivate media relationships as needed
* Support the evolution of the GIIN’s public relations strategy, including contribution of ideas about general approach, content, and communications channels.
* Working closely with the GIIN research team, edit and manage production of research reports developed by the GIIN. This may involve supervising external copy editors, working closely with graphic designers and printers, and paying close attention to the detail, messaging, and integrity of the GIIN’s leading industry reports.
* Provide input to impact investing research and other industry content, with a particular focus on audience accessibility.
* Other duties as required.
The Senior Associate must have the ability to manage multiple projects at once, and be organized, collaborative, professional, resourceful, flexible, and highly responsible. The ideal candidate has at least 5 years’ communications or marketing experience, experience writing for the financial community, and is comfortable working in a fast-paced environment managing and delivering to competing deadlines.
* Very strong writing skills, with proven ability to effectively interpret and synthesize inputs from a variety of stakeholders, as well as develop compelling narratives
* Bachelor’s degree required (communications or related degree a plus)
* Detail-oriented, with high standards of performance
* Ability to manage multiple ongoing projects at once and deliver on deadlines
* Team-orientation, with strong interpersonal skills and a proactive approach to problem-solving
* Ability to work both collaboratively and independently while effectively prioritizing assignments and meeting deadlines
* Experience managing important internal or external stakeholder relationships
* Fluent in Microsoft Office Suite
* Personable, engaging presence, with diplomacy, tact and good humor
Full-time role in a flexible, entrepreneurial culture. This position will be based in New York, NY.
Competitive compensation, commensurate with experience.
*QUALIFIED INDIVIDUALS, PLEASE APPLY:*
Email cover letter and CV to Human Resources at email@example.com by *October 31, 2017.* State *“Communications Senior Associate_ First Name Last Name”* in the subject line of your email. Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis so we strongly encourage early applications. Selected candidates will be contacted for interviews.
No phone calls please. Only qualified candidates will be contacted. The GIIN is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
The Global Impact Investing Network is a not-for-profit organization dedicated to increasing the scale and effectiveness of impact investing around the world. Impact investments are investments made into companies, organizations, and funds with the intention to generate measurable social and environmental impact alongside a financial return. They can be made in both emerging and developed markets, and target a range of returns from below market to market rate, depending upon the investor’s strategies. The GIIN addresses systemic barriers to effective impact investing by building critical infrastructure and developing activities, education, and research that attract more investment capital to address global challenges.
The GIIN’s work currently cuts across the following focus areas that are designed to address the critical needs of the emerging impact investing industry.
1. GIIN Membership provides access to a thriving global community of organizations interested in deepening their engagement with the impact investing industry. The GIIN membership is composed of more than 200 organizations that have signed on to gain formal access to peer connections and industry information, tools, and resources.
2. Impact Measurement and Management is a critical component of impact investment. To support coordinated impact measurement across the field, the GIIN oversees IRIS, a catalog of generally-accepted performance metrics that leading impact investors use to measure social, environmental, and financial success.
3. Investor Resources
a. The GIIN operates a training program to support the development of impact investing skills among fund managers.
b. Reports and publications developed by the GIIN provide public good information such as industry research, market data, and case studies of successful practice.
c. The GIIN hosts ImpactBase, the online global directory of impact investment vehicles that reduces search costs for investors and fund managers, and provides transparency into the landscape of impact investment opportunities.
4. Market Leadership initiatives of the GIIN include thought leadership campaigns, a bi-annual global conference for impact investors, as well as management of an invitation-only Investors’ Council for active, large-scale impact investors representing a diverse set of institutions at the forefront of the market. Additionally, GIIN outreach elevates the profile of impact investing by highlighting exemplary impact investments, industry progress, and best practices. The GIIN also disseminates research, informs conference and event programming, and promotes mainstream and social media coverage of impact investments and advancements.