Community Impacts Officer
- WindAid Institute
- Trujillo, Peru
- Deadline for Applications
- Contact Information
WindAid Institute is an NGO based in Peru that focuses on installing wind turbines in rural communities and educating on wind energy technology for a sustainable future.
We are looking for a highly motivated person to come to Peru who can help us understand the impacts on communities of receiving small scale wind power.
The Community Impacts Officer will expand upon the anecdotal evidence of the impact our work has by undertaking full impact assessments on the communities in which we work. Your job will be to gather evidence of benefits to demonstrate our impact and to improve how we work with communities where necessary.
This includes spending time in the communities before, during and after the installations, talk to them about their experiences, and document feedback using best practice. Principle goals will be to produce high quality, impartial impact assessments, and make recommendations for improvements to future work.
- An understanding of the principles of data gathering and data analysis
- Experience preparing reports
- Volunteer Experience
- Self-Driven, enthusiasm and curiosity
- Intermediate level of Spanish or higher
The position is available from October 2016 with a three month commitment.
• Integration into projects while in Peru, including visiting communities and participating at installations.
• Housing while in Peru.
• Three meals a day, all work days.
Visit our website for more details on what we do, meet the team and read testimonials from previous volunteers www.windaid.org