- Fairtrade America
- Washington, DC
- Job Type
- Contact Information
At Fairtrade America you will work on behalf of one of the most cutting-edge models for change. Fairtrade America works directly with businesses, civil society, and consumers to rebalance the terms and conditions of trade so that farmers and workers globally have the power to grow their businesses and define their futures. As a member of Fairtrade International, Fairtrade America oversees the Fairtrade system within the United States – growing Fairtrade’s market share; increasing consumer demand; representing producer interests; and establishing channels for greater producer investment within the territory.
The Compliance Analyst will be responsible for ensuring that Fairtrade products comply with the Fairtrade standards in support of the organization’s mission. Additionally, the Compliance Analyst will support businesses in becoming certified and licensed with Fairtrade working closely with the Business Development team. The Compliance Analyst will also be responsible for ensuring that use of the Fairtrade Mark and claims align to Fairtrade’s guidelines. Other responsibilities include conducting on going data analysis, supporting the publication of KPIs and impact reports, as well as assisting with supply chain oversight.
• Oversee use of the Fairtrade Mark and claims by Fairtrade America businesses
• Support Fairtrade America’s partners in understanding the Fairtrade Standards and coordinating requirements
• Guide clients through the process of becoming a Fairtrade Business and converting their business to Fairtrade
• Coordinating with the Business Development team and Fairtrade’s certifier (FLOCERT), conduct regular checks of audit/compliance data
• Investigate illegitimate Fairtrade certified claims and trademark infringement to ensure integrity of the system
• Lead Fairtrade America’s database development and evolution
• Conduct regular data imports, including formatting and/or compiling data from multiple data sources. Other data entry as needed
• Implement data quality assurance processes to ensure data integrity
• Address staff and client questions, technical issues and other database support needs as they arise
• Assist with other aspects of database management
• Oversee deployment and processing of quarterly client reporting
• Coordinate/assist with preparation of monthly and quarterly KPI snapshots
• A degree in relevant course of study (Social Sciences, Business Administration, International Relations); preferred advanced degree in related field
• 3-5 years’ experience with sustainability standards or working in supply chain sustainability or compliance strongly preferred
• Excellent analytical skills and attention to detail; ability to analyze data sets and new information
• Experience managing databases and datasets; preferred experience with Salesforce and SQL systems
• Exceptional organizational and customer service skills
• Strong interpersonal and cross-cultural relationship skills; ability to relate to, understand, and work with diverse individuals across business units and geographies, ranging from sales executives to small and medium-sized licensees
• Business acumen, ability to work in a nuanced cross-functional environment, and interpersonal savvy
• Strong problem-solving skills and good presentation and communication skills both written and verbal
• Results-driven team player with integrity, trust, perseverance, and patience
Salary is commensurate with experience. Fairtrade America offers a strong benefits package.
To apply send resume, cover letter with salary history, writing sample and 3 references email@example.com with subject line as Compliance Analyst. Only suitable candidates will be contacted for an interview.
Fairtrade America is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive equal consideration without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, pregnancy, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, physical or mental disability, or covered veteran status.