Consultant of Results-Based Financing Accelerator (RBFA)
- Clean Cooking Alliance
- Job Type
- Part-time, 6-9 months
- Deadline for Applications
- How to Apply
- Please email a resume, cover letter, and proposed budget to email@example.com with the subject line “Results Based Financing Accelerator Consultant.”
- Where to Apply
The Clean Cooking Alliance (CCA) works with a global network of partners to build an inclusive industry that makes clean cooking accessible to the three billion people who live each day without it. Established in 2010, CCA is driving consumer demand, mobilizing investment to build a pipeline of scalable businesses, and fostering an enabling environment to allow the sector to thrive. Clean cooking transforms lives by improving health, protecting the climate and the environment, empowering women, and helping families save time and money.
CCA has been leading a system-wide Strategy development process. Launched in mid-2020 and expected to continue through 2021, the Clean Cooking Systems Strategy (CCSS) aims to secure commitment and mobilize collective action toward achieving Sustainable Development Goal 7 – access to affordable, reliable, sustainable, and modern energy for all. The emerging Strategy has been co-created with over 100 stakeholders from across the clean cooking ecosystem and adjacent spaces, including partners from the energy access, electricity, food systems, health, climate, and gender sectors.
As part of the emerging Strategy, CCA has identified several areas of work (Initiatives) that it will lead in support of the overall Clean Cooking Systems Strategy implementation. Results-based financing (RBF) has been identified as a priority area for CCA, and the RBFA Consultant will be responsible for developing a RBF portfolio of projects working closely across CCA teams. Additionally, the Consultant will be responsible for leading the RBF Accelerator, a key CCSS Initiative that will be implemented by CCA in collaboration with several key partners. The RBF Accelerator seeks to enable more and higher priced RBF mechanisms for clean cooking by positioning the ecosystem as credible and high-impact to outcome buyers, reducing the high transaction costs and other barriers to RBF, and driving innovation in the development and application of RBF mechanisms (for specific technologies and fuels, to address affordability, to reach specific population segments, etc.). The Accelerator will serve as a nodal point for RBF activities within CCA, its partners, and the wider the clean cooking ecosystem.
CCA is looking to hire a consultant to lead the RBF Accelerator work for a duration of approximately six to nine months. All work will be done in close collaboration and oversight from CCA’s Market Strengthening and Strategy and Development teams.
The consultant will be responsible for developing the following Deliverables:
– Deliverable 1: Develop an Innovation and Learning Agenda for clean cooking RBF that assesses what conditions are well suited to each type of RBF, sets ambitious targets to expand the frontier of innovative and equitable applications of RBF and prioritizes cross-cutting research.
– Deliverable 2: Create and maintain a clean cooking RBF partnership directory detailing relevant organizations and RBF structures identified through desk research to support additional thought partnership and program opportunities.
– Deliverable 3: Lead stakeholder engagement through bilateral meetings and group working sessions to establish relationships with RBF Accelerator partners as part of the implementation process, and serve as a thought leader across the partnership network through packaging and disseminating research and evidence base to partners.
– Deliverable 4: Develop the next version of the detailed concept note for the RBFA, building on stakeholder discussions, including formal partnership agreements and a work plan for the first year of implementation. Additionally, generate a knowledge product to capture main learnings from the RBFA development process.
– Entrepreneurial approach: ability to build something new in a complex system, learn by doing, and think beyond the bounds of what is presently considered possible
– At least 8 years of professional experience, including 3 or more years of leadership in an entrepreneurial environment and 3 or more years of experience in RBF, blended finance, carbon credits, and/or climate finance is required
– Practical experience with RBF, preferably carbon credits and climate finance projects, including but not limited to: development of accredited carbon credit projects, management of the independent verification process, liaising with outcome/credit buyers and enterprises
– Familiarity with the voluntary carbon market
– Experience with facilitating and brokering multi-partnership and stakeholder projects, experience in co-creation processes a plus
– Familiarity and/or interest in clean cooking projects and enterprises will be strongly considered.
– Demonstrated experience in complex project development, management, and execution. Ability to drive multiple aspects of initiatives and projects from inception to implementation within a limited time frame.
– Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
– Ability to leverage current, and develop new, networks to build relationships and amplify access and impact.
– Effective and active in stakeholder engagement and external representation.
– Ability to plan and participate in virtual meetings that align with EST working hours.
– Energetic and positive attitude
– Solutions-oriented and able to manage and advance multiple tasks and responsibilities in a dynamic, fast-paced environment
– Attention to detail and strong organizational skills
– Problem-solver with a proactive, no-task-is-too-small nature who takes initiative
– Team-oriented, supportive work style, and able to work independently
– Excellent communicator, able to synthesize and convey complex information clearly
– Excellent judgment and creative problem-solving skills, including negotiation and conflict resolution skills
– Ability to work under pressure and handle stress
- High ethical standards and the ability to maintain confidentiality and discretion with sensitive information
– Ability to learn new systems and collaboration platforms efficiently
The position is expected to be on a part-time basis, lasting approximately six to nine months, starting as soon as possible.
Work can be completed remotely. Due to COVID-19, CCA’s DC office is closed through the beginning of January 2022. If the office reopens, this position can still be remote.
Please email a resume, cover letter, and proposed budget to strategy@cleancookingalliance.
Selected consultants must comply with United Nations Foundation and funder compliance requirements.