Consultant, Sankalp West Africa
- West Africa
- Job Type
- Deadline for Applications
- How to Apply
- Send Cv and cover letter to our email.
- Where to Apply
|The Sankalp Forum team is looking for a consultant to support on brand awareness and market building, fundraising, and partnership-building efforts, as well as overall event management and logistics in the West Africa market. The consultant will help conceptualize Sankalp Forum’s activities in West Africa and build new relationships with a diverse set of stakeholders in the enterprise support ecosystem in the West
African region, as well as lead overall event management and logistics for the Sankalp West Africa region. Roles and responsibilities of the consultant are expected to be as follows:1. Support the Sankalp and Intellecap team to deliver thought-leading content, roundtables, meetups, conferences, workshops, and any in-person convenings with local partners planned for West Africa region.
2. Scout and participate in learning opportunities for example trade publications, industry events, seminars, workshops, webinars, and consult with professionals to keep ahead of standards and trends.
3. Support on event oversight, venue hire, and registrations promotion and logistics and eventually lead this effort in the West Africa region.
4. Identify and establish partnerships with high impact ventures and enterprises, incubators, member network organizations, investors and financial institutions, academia, and media across West Africa.
5. Recruit, promote, help identify, and drive applications from West Africa for Sankalp Global Awards and Sankalp Africa Awards program.
6. Build and maintain relationships with a database of stakeholders that would be considered potential Sankalp and/or Intellecap partners and clients, such as incubators, accelerators, investors, corporations, corporate foundations, multi-lateral and bi-lateral institutions, and/or government offices, and write proposals and general business development to secure sponsorship for event(s) that we will host in the region, and globally.
7. Attend events, networking opportunities, and engage in speaking opportunities to help build the brand for Sankalp in the West African Region.
8. Support the Sankalp team in creating a marketing strategy for Sankalp in the West Africa region.
9. Create localized content for execution of email campaigns as well as for social media (Facebook,Twitter, LinkedIn) and the Sankalp website.
10. Support the team in the logistics such as outreach and execution of all Sankalp events in West Africa region.SKILLS LEVEL:Candidate should:
1. Consider themselves a network and ecosystem builder
2. Have strong problem solving and analytical skills (quantitative and qualitative)
3. Have high attention to detail and strong project management ability to manage complex, large scale
4. Be able to work well independently with limited supervision; with high levels of motivation
5. Have ability to synthesize information and assist in creating insightful recommendations and reports
6. Possess excellent interpersonal skills and an excellent command of written and spoken English
7. Have ability to work with Pan-African and cross-continental multi-country teams
8. Have relevant knowledge in the social impact space (specifically social enterprises) in SCL focus
verticals from an African perspective
9. Be able to demonstrate ability to use MS Office Suite (MS Word, MS Excel, MS PowerPoint) and cloud
solutions such as Google Drive, and Dropbox
10.Be a team player, show commitment and have good work ethic
11.Have the ability to speak and write in English and be proficient in French
12.Be willing to travel up to 30% of the time, regionally, and internationallyEXPERIENCE & EDUCATION LEVEL:
• A degree from a reputable university in international development, international relations, law,