- Agora Partnerships
- Latin America
- Deadline for Applications
- Contact Information
The Agora Partnerships Accelerator is an intensive four month program designed to provide high-potential entrepreneurs with the knowledge, networks, and capital necessary to grow their businesses, their impact, and their leadership skills through customized 1:1 consulting and access to mentors, investors, and a global community of peers.
Agora Partnerships Consultants act as advisors, strategists, connectors, community builders, and executors to help purpose-driven entrepreneurs access the knowledge, networks, and capital they need to grow their businesses. The work of Agora Consultants is critical to building efficient early-stage capital markets and to helping impact investors address their barriers to investment including under-prepared deal flow, high transaction costs, and few co-investment opportunities.
Consulting Fellows work closely with the leadership teams of approximately four to six companies in the Agora Partnerships Accelerator each cycle, helping them to develop their strategy, refine their business models, prepare for growth, and raise outside capital. The role is designed for passionate leaders who want to provide strategic consulting to growing social businesses and are interested in co-creating investable opportunities throughout Latin America and the Caribbean.
Consultants work with the companies in their client portfolio to create a customized consulting approach, founded on Agora’s consulting methodology, that addresses the specific challenges of each company. While the consulting is a mix of virtual and in-person interaction, a major effort is made to match Consultants to companies that are located relatively closely to them. Each Consultant has a modest travel stipend that will allow them to visit each company in their portfolio.
We seek outstanding candidates with the strategic business and problem-solving skills necessary to help high-potential companies throughout Latin America to grow their businesses.
The following qualifications are required:
- Approximately 3 to 5 years of work experience related to management consulting, capital advisory or investment, venture capital, financial management, and/or business strategy;
- Postgraduate degree in business, economics, international development or other related degree or equivalent professional experience;
- Experience building strategic business plans, financial modeling, or creating investor communications;
- Experience managing projects and working with clients;
- Experience working with start-up businesses in emerging markets;
- Experience working in social entrepreneurship or impact investing a plus;
- International work experience; and,
- Fluency in English or Spanish, with professional working capacity in both.
We are seeking passionate leaders seeking to support entrepreneurs who are solving social and environmental challenges. Ideal candidates exhibit Agora’s core values of agency, empathy, curiosity, and perseverance. Though there is no single “ideal” professional profile for this position, we do seek the following qualifications in a candidate:
- Strong interpersonal skills and intercultural competency;
- Comfort with ambiguity, adaptability and ability to work in a small, dynamic organization;
- Strong work ethic;
- Ability to self-manage and execute on multiple projects at once;
- Attention to detail;
- Time management skills; and,
- Sense of joy and humor.
For more information about the Fellowship, and to apply, visit: http://agorapartnerships.org/consulting-fellowship/