Content Production Manager
- Room to Read
- San Francisco, CA
- Deadline for Applications
- Where to Apply
Room to Read is a global organization transforming the lives of millions of children in low-income countries by focusing on literacy and gender equality in education. Founded in 2000 on the belief that World Change Starts with Educated Children®, our innovative model focuses on deep, systemic transformation within schools in low-income countries during two time periods which are most critical in a child’s schooling: early primary school for literacy acquisition and secondary school for girls’ education.
We work in collaboration with local communities, partner organizations and governments to develop literacy skills and a habit of reading among primary school children and ensure girls can complete secondary school with the skills necessary to negotiate key life decisions. Room to Read has benefited 10 million children across 17,500 communities in Asia and Africa, and aims to reach 15 million children by 2020. Learn more at www.roomtoread.org.
The Content Production Manager is responsible for sourcing, writing, producing and distributing content for online and offline marketing needs.
With a successful track record in creating innovative and engaging content, the Content Production Manager will have expertise in short- and long-form written, multimedia and video storytelling. This person is required to approach each challenge with a deep knowledge of our work, fundraising and awareness conversion goals, combined with understanding of all available creative assets to produce solutions for all teams, especially, but not limited to the Development team.
As part of the Marketing Team, the Content Production Manager will contribute toward the goal of creating targeted content in support of organizational goals. Much of the content will be distributed online and this position is responsible for distributing through Room to Read\’s own distribution channels as well as developing strategic partnerships with other distribution channels. The Marketing team is responsible for our website, social media, marketing materials, graphic and interactive assets, and impact-driven storytelling. The Marketing team places data analytics at the core of its operations, leveraging best-practices in digital tracking to understand constituent behaviors and optimize and target marketing content to drive conversions. This position reports to the Marketing Director and is based in Room to Read’s San Francisco Headquarters.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Lead editor and writer for Room to Read\’s external print and digital publications, including website, blog, social platforms, advertising networks and print publications.
- Accountable for all content marketing initiatives to meet Room to Read\’s conversion goals, with a particular focus on digital conversion for pipeline growth and annual fund growth.
- Collaborate across teams, particularly programs and development, to deliver an effective content marketing strategy and editorial calendar that can meet our conversion goals and deliver impactful, high-quality content that our donor audience is seeking. This also includes managing content assignments and collaborating with international Communications Officers to gather the content we need.
- Maintain Room to Read\’s visual identity in publications and on social platforms.
- Manage all digital content hubs and all supporting social channels (Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, YouTube, Medium, Google+), website, blog and quarterly newsletter following the basic best practices of the main social media channels. Articulate which content and approaches work on each channel to drive conversion goals.
- Source new and manage existing relationships with external distribution partners that augment our content marketing strategy further. This includes some partners who are corporate funders. Provides content to any partners who wish to strategically use our content on their own channels and provides strategic direction for how to use it so it supports Room to Read.
- Create and source all types of media content targeted to audience acquisition, conversion, and retention.
- Work closely with Digital Marketing Analyst to assess content performance and test new solutions for better performance based on data.
- Manage relationships with all creative resources including designers, writers, photographers, documentary and video editing vendors, and other content production contractors, including international video storytelling teams and projects.
- Provide creative solutions to integrate fundraising or awareness campaign integration within our social channels and implement those solutions.
- Manage and provide creative support for Room to Read\’s part-time assistant who helps post scheduled social content and blogs.
- Collaborate with internal teams to develop recruitment, fundraising and general communication materials and presentations.
- Minimum 7 years of relevant/related professional work experience.
- Experience creating content for web and social channels to targeted audiences, including general public, corporate and high-net-worth audiences.
- Editorial mindset that seeks to understand what our audiences prefer to consume and how to create it.
- Experience managing social media platforms and analyzing, developing and reporting on engagement and impression metrics.
- Demonstrated ability to write long and short-form content with a journalistic style, consistent with brand voice, style and tone, and part of a targeted marketing strategy.
- Basic understanding of SEO, content categorization and structure, content development, distribution and measurement.
- Demonstrated focus on action and innovation, commitment to collaboration, and passion for issues related to international development and international education.
- Demonstrated ability to work across diverse cultures and countries to develop and maintain relationships that encourage sharing of stories and information.
- Experience managing people and working with external communications agencies.
– Highly organized and flexible with excellent attention to detail and ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously.
- Knowledge of best practices and ethics in journalism
- Legally eligible to work in the United States; no sponsorship provided.
- Working knowledge of Adobe Creative Cloud, including both design and video production tools.
- Experience developing video storyboards/scripts and/or exposure to video editing.
- Experience managing the development of print publications.
- Experience developing engaging/dynamic presentations in PowerPoint or other software.
- Experience collaborating with remote/international teams a strong plus.
To be successful at Room to Read, you will also:
- Have passion for our mission and a strong desire to impact a dynamic nonprofit organization
- Be a proactive and innovative thinker who achieves results and creates positive change
- Have a very high level of personal and professional integrity and trustworthiness
- Embrace diversity and a commitment to collaboration
- Thrive in a fast-paced and fun environment
Room to Read offers a competitive salary with excellent benefits. Benefits include health, dental, vision, long-term disability insurance, life insurance, commuter benefits and a 401K match. The non-monetary compensation includes a unique opportunity to be part of an innovative, meaningful, fun, and rapidly growing organization that is changing transforming the lives of millions of children in developing countries by focusing on literacy and gender equality in education.
To apply for this position please visit our job board. Select the Content Production Manager role, click apply and complete the online application which will ask you to provide your resume, cover letter and some personal information. You will receive an email confirmation when your application has been received. Due to high applicant volume, we regret that we are not able to send personalized responses to all applicants. However, if you need technical assistance, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Applications are accepted until the position is filled.