Controller / CPA
- Bethesda, Maryland
- Deadline for Applications
- Where to Apply
The Controller will be a CPA and lead budget analysis, accounts payable and receivable, general ledger, payroll, relationship management with banks and other vendors, audit preparation, and endowment reporting.
The Controller will be charged with identifying new opportunities to eliminate backlogs, and respond proactively to other departments’ needs. S/he will need to analyze the existing processes and systems and work closely with the CFO and administrators to streamline current systems, leverage new information technology, and establish standard operating procedures that provide maximum benefit to all parties involved.
This is an outstanding opportunity for a proactive, hands-on finance manager who brings a successful track record of creative problem-solving and strengthening infrastructure to work in a global, mission-driven organization with over 25 years of high impact work.
Strategic Financial Management:
- Manage all accounts, ledgers, and reporting systems ensuring compliance with appropriate GAAP, IFRS, and FASB standards and regulatory requirements.
- Maintain internal control safeguards for the receipt of revenue, costs and both division budgets and actual expenditures;
- Implement consistent accounting policies, practices, and procedures across all programs;
- Manage daily cash flow and forecasting;
- Initiate appropriate cash management strategies;
- Coordinate all audit activities;
- Prior for profit and nonprofit finance experience with a successful track record in a senior financial management role for at least 10+ years is essential;
- An accessible, visible, and flexible management style that inspires trust and confidence in staff to work hard and well together
For the past 25 years, our US$50M public foundation has focused on providing grants to high impact environmental, health, peacemaking, and educational non-profit organizations across 30 countries in Europe, USA, Asia, and Africa. With 300 staff located in 20 international offices, our reach and network provides access to some of the most effective and significant non-profit organizations, globally. For the past three years, our foundation has been named to The Global Journal Annual Top 100 NGOs.