Coordinator, Finance and Operations
- Philanthropy Workshop (TPW)
- New York, New York
- Deadline for Applications
- Where to Apply
The Philanthropy Workshop (TPW) is a dynamic, expanding and highly entrepreneurial organization with nine staff members in offices in New York, London and San Francisco. TPW is the global leader in strategic philanthropy education and fosters an engaged member network of over 400 individuals from around the world, all trained in strategic philanthropy.
The Philanthropy Workshop promotes strategic philanthropy in North America, Europe and globally through three pillars of work:
(1) “grow our network” by providing donor education programs to train philanthropists on core principles of strategic philanthropy
(2) “enhance our network” by building donor networks comprised of philanthropists—our “members”—who have completed our first year training program and seek to continue learning together
(3) “transcend our network” by disseminating best practice knowledge beyond our networks to stakeholders interested in helping to make effective social change.
The Coordinator will be based in our New York office and report directly to the Senior Officer and work closely with the Chief Executive. We seek a responsible Finance and Operations Coordinator to manage and enhance the administrative responsibilities of our financial and knowledge management systems and prepare logistics and materials for our programs and member meetings in our New York office. Our working environment is informal, collaborative, fast-paced and professional.
Financial and Knowledge Management Systems Coordination
- Manage the submission and tracking of all data related to the organization’s finances, including revenues (program tuition fees, contributions and grants) and expenses
- Develop enhanced processes to track and record revenues and expenses
- Liaise with accountant and auditor to ensure all information is available to produce monthly management reports, quarterly board reports and annual government filings, including IRS form 990s
- Oversee knowledge management of other organizational information, including data stored on shared drives and Salesforce
- Liaise with Salesforce consultant to fully leverage the platform and enhance our organization’s ability to survey and track robust information on our current TPW members; to track recruitment of TPW members and prospective members to our various programs and tie this data to our financial system so that we can enhance real-time attendance projections
- Manage and implement communications and other technology platforms internally and with our TPW members, including webinar systems, program registration and payment systems, direct marketing/mailing systems.
- Manage New York office administrative operations, including inventory,
supplies, copying and filing; and support the Senior Program Officer and Chief Executive Officer, as needed
Program Event Coordination
- Prepare and coordinate logistics for our educational workshops and other program events, e.g., coordinate with venues, caterers, hotels, and other vendors
Client Relationship Management & Member Engagement
- Respond to member needs and inquiries in person, writing and on the
phone where appropriate
- Assist with recruitment tracking and maintenance of new member
- Help maintain data entry in Salesforce database
- Assist with logistics of TPW Board Member meetings as needed
- Schedule and prepare senior staff for member meetings
EXPERIENCE, SKILLS AND KNOWLEDGE REQUIRED
- BA/BS degree required
- Minimum five years’ experience in financial and knowledge management
- Proficient in MS Office Excel, Word, PowerPoint; Salesforce and/or other
database management systems; and Quick Books, Zero and/or other
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Friendly, professional and thorough approach to client relationships
- Experience liaising with philanthropists, major donors or senior executives
- Setup and maintain audio/visual equipment and technology for programs Ø Maintain program budgets
- Experience in/knowledge of nonprofit, philanthropy and/or technology sector a plus
- Comfortable in entrepreneurial and nimble environment, working as a resourceful, flexible team member who can wear many hats as needed to meet objectives
- Capable of multi-tasking, prioritizing, problem-solving and working well independently as well as collaboratively
- Strong attention to detail
- Available to work occasional nights and weekends
The Finance and Operations Coordinator is a full-time position with compensation commensurate with experience. Excellent benefits package included. TPW is an equal opportunity employer.
To apply, please email your resume, cover letter describing your interest and qualifications for the position, and a writing sample, to Jennifer Davis firstname.lastname@example.org no later than July 31, 2016. Applications will be reviewed as they are received. No phone calls please. Recruiters – please do not respond to this ad.